SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my next project I'm looking for some tyres which are about 28mm diameter, it's far away from what I normally use for saloon cars so is there anything from the Rally / Raid cars which would be the right size? Maybe from an SCX Hummer, or even one of the big Raid trucks? Does anyone have something close they could measure for me please?

This is the size I'm after

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You might want to take a look at Mitoos part number M017.
Saw those tires on spanish web stores a week or two ago.

You can visit http://www.mitoos.com to see pictures.

I think i've read in anoter thread that you'll create a slot kit of a pickup like the one in that picture. Is this why you want such a tire ?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
try paul gage in canada, urethanes, look under drag tyres. or 5445 taken? not sure about the no, but he,s on usa ebay, he does natural rubber slicks26 mm wide that you can slice to widths you want. their 25mm dia with a 9mm centre, by the time you,ve sretched them on a bigger hub, you should get the od your after and their dead easy to shape the rounded profile you want. john

·
Registered
87 Posts
choc-ice, this truck looks lovely! I thought M017 had the most realistic pattern of them all.
I can only say your slot-kits look awesome! It's not my cup of tea but they sure look like they are top-notch! You're bringing something different to slot cars and that's just awesome!

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Avant slot raid truck tyres may be something like but I not sure of the dimensions. (possibly 27x9 see LINK) part number AV20307

Ninco Raid tyres are 24.5 x 9.3
Part number 80510

and they do Raid XL tyres (Hummer perhaps) part 80519 which, I think, are 26.2 x 11 (big wheels)

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Hi choc-ice,

Why not print some? Send them to me and I will mould some in urethane for you.

PM me because I have some ideas to get shot of the scraggy inside edge that normally comes with open moulds.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil, you could be right with Fly Trucks, thanks.

QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 26 May 2012, 20:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why not print some? Send them to me and I will mould some in urethane for you.

PM me because I have some ideas to get shot of the scraggy inside edge that normally comes with open moulds.
That's a good plan, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 26 May 2012, 20:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why not print some? Send them to me and I will mould some in urethane for you.

New tyres! These are the master models with a lip on the back to pour in the urethane and you can just make out the DICK CEPEK letters on the front

They were quite interesting to model with the tread

1 - 14 of 14 Posts