SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compadres!

A strange problem befell me last night.

Loss of power in car when the PB was started and the LC-button was pressed.

I can't seem to reverse it.

These three (!) cars run as usual in all aspects but one...
...they got no actual top speed.

Anyone seen this before?
Any cure for it?

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

It's possible you had the LC button squeezed on Controller 1 when you turned on the BB/CU. On a D1XX system, that's how you set the max speed of a car chip. One LED on the BB/CU will flash when you turn it on. As you squeeze and release the LC button, more LEDs will light. 1 flashing LED = max speed 1. 5 solid LEDs = max speed 10. When you squeeze the throttle on Controller 1, the max speed of any car on the track will be set according to the number of LEDs lit on the BB/CU.

It's also possible you spilled tequila on your cat as he walked across the keyboard. The information is sketchy.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed b.y, that's what I said above.
And you're quite right in that it was the #1.

Problem is... I think... that I tested to re-configure them on other control positions.

Anyhow, if nothing else you helped me with one thing; not to put test cars on #1!

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
If you did what I described, it will affect any car on the track. Whether they are ID1, 2, 7, 5, whatever. Controller 1 is used to adjust the max speed. Controller 2 is used to adjust the brake. Controller 3 is used to adjust the tank size. When you squeeze the throttle of the controller being used, the BB/CU sends a command to the track and any car on track has it's chip reprogrammed with the new value.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that is so.

But if I change ID, ie change controller position, for the car such a setting should return to default, ie full speed.
Apparently it doesn't. And now we know that to. Good.

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
QUOTE (Erik M @ 6 Jul 2012, 06:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But if I change ID, ie change controller position, for the car such a setting should return to default, ie full speed.
Apparently it doesn't. And now we know that to. Good.

Why should the max speed, or brake, or tank size for a car change just because you want to run it with a different controller? You set the speed of a car, not the speed of an ID number- whatever that would mean.

Most of us who use D1XX systems to race (or play) do not run all of our cars at max speed 10 all of the time. In fact, most of the cars in my fleet (and my friend's fleets) never get run at max speed 10. Every slot.it, Fly, NSR, etc I've chipped is run no-mag with a max speed somewhere between 6-8. Sure glad I don't have to adjust that every time I assign it to a different controller. All but a few of my Carrera cars have had the factory magnets removed or altered, and most of them get run at max speed of 8 or 9. Sure glad that doesn't have to get set every time I assign a car to a different controller. When my grandsons come to play, and I set a cars max speed to 5 so it will rarely come off the track, I don't want to have to reset it when I switch the car to the other grandson's controller.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dear b.yingling...
QUOTE Glad you weren't in charge of the initial design
...I see that you did reconsider. And moved over to being patronizing instead.

TTFN

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Eric I think given the vaguenes of your original question, that Bruce has gone out of his way to attempt to come up with a logical explanation.

Perhaps a word of thanks and a read of the manual would not go amiss?

Rich

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My description was apparently sufficient.
The explanation was brilliant.
The comments... not so.

The cat and teq...?
Happy I wasn't in the develop...?
The assumption about speed...?
The assumption about family and relatives and what not...?

Those parts where quite unacceptable.
They where offensive and inappropriate and irrelevant.

Unfortunately this behaviour is not unique. There's a fair number of persons trying to intimidate what they realise will oust them for their self perceived position at the top of the community.

What they don't realise, as it's not in their set-up, is that nothing good will come out of their action. But then again, they don't care...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Erik you need to lighten up, and accept that half of what you say is difficult to understand, easy to deliberately or otherwise misinterpret and open to a certain amount of well intended banter..
Plus of course if my Swedish was even as fraction as good as your English I would be over the moon.

Rich

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
QUOTE (Erik M @ 7 Jul 2012, 14:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My description was apparently sufficient.
The explanation was brilliant.
The comments... not so.

The cat and teq...?
Happy I wasn't in the develop...?
The assumption about speed...?
The assumption about family and relatives and what not...?

Those parts where quite unacceptable.
They where offensive and inappropriate and irrelevant.

Unfortunately this behaviour is not unique. There's a fair number of persons trying to intimidate what they realise will oust them for their self perceived position at the top of the community.

What they don't realise, as it's not in their set-up, is that nothing good will come out of their action. But then again, they don't care...

Well, I did remove the development comment. But my tone in the last comment is a direct result of the arrogance and condescension that I perceive in your own.

Let's face it- you didn't understand how the system worked, and I explained it to you as best I could given the sparseness of the information reported. This is not a complaint about your English skills, but a remark about the lack of explicit detail in your problem description.

Your second post made it clear you didn't fully understand my explanation, nor did you bother to RTFM to find out the details. But you still went on to explain that the system default behavior was 'wrong' and should be different. The examples I provided in my last comment were actually very informative, if you were actually interested in learning how many of us use these toys.

Sorry if the repeated 'sure glad I don't have to reset the speed every time...' comments were perceived as patronizing. They were intended as an outright insult.

I have no position in this 'community'. I do attempt to help those I can when I can, and I am often helped by those who can when they can. Not sure what your game is.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know Rich, it's a problem that comes with the territory of broken genes.
The sum of it was that I did get the right explanation, from my apparently sufficient description, and thanked him for it.
That is why I was flabbergasted when the vehemence continued and even escalated from possible pets to improbability of family and friends and ways to run my hobby and unsuitability to act as a team member.
For the record; I got six pets at the moment: two rabbits, two guinea-pigs, one rat and one dwarf hamster; thanks to not myself but other types of characters there's no active race community with me; I have the unfortunate situation that my result is better alone than in a group, as individuals in a group want to use flawed but their own solutions while I do not care from where the solution comes just want it to be the best possible.

But enough of all that.
I know what I am doing and he know what he know.
And I thank you for the praise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts