SlotForum banner

Lost ID

990 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MrFlippant 
#1 ·
What causes a car with a digital chip to lose ID? We run SSD and use a variety of Scaley chips and one or two Slot.it chips.

#2 ·
Too many spikes. Make sure you have ferrite man on both braids and motor, clean and tidy your braids to ensure they can't short. Pull them in and give them the "twist" as I've shown before. That will give them better contact as well as reduce the amount a single braid will touch opposing rails in a lane changer. Make sure all lane changers have properly separated rail ends, as per the "DPR - The Solution" thread, and recently manufactured XLCs have, to reduce that even more. Also, INOX MX3 treatment to the rails.

#3 ·
OK, thanks, this issues appears to affect some racers more than others. We all use Inox and 2 Ferrite men, but I suspect that the problem lies with the condition of the braids.

#4 ·
Here's how I prep braids for Scalextric track. Readers should note that this applies ONLY to Scalextric Classic, Sport, and original SCX track, where the rails form the slot. This would be a bad method on literally EVERY other track system I'm aware of, but works GREAT on Sport track. Also note that this is exaggerated (a little) for illustrative purposes, and that the twist part applies to all models, not just the Scalextric quick change braid system shown. After the braids are formed so that they have a twist and are pulled close to the guide, you would press them down against the guide again to reduce the "spring" effect, but you basically want the braids to ride the inside edge of the rails as well as the top surface of the rails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.