SlotForum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I know that you have gone a ways, but can I offer a suggestion?

Dump that FC motor!

If you go to the SCX motor, you have room for the length, you will find the thing to be almost 2mm lower than the FC motor/brush set up. It should help with the clearence thing.

Fate

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Suggestion noted Prof...for the next one!!
I've already trimmed the upper body to fit

Thanks anyway. Well, whatever happens I may need to install a Ninco drop arm if this pic of a Lotus 24 is anything to go by (Jackie Oliver @ Nurburgring)
http://www.thef1store.com/index.html?targe...html&lang=en-us

OOPs it's a Lotus 48 I was searching for a 24 and it was on the same page!!

Mark.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Mark - I picked up a copy of Model Cars (May 1965) today and it has an excellent set of 1/32 scale Lotus 24 drawings. If you would like a copy I could e-mail you a scan. Let me know.

David

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
David,

That may well be the article which GRAH1 was talking to me about; he has loads of Model Cars magazines and mentioned he was going to photocopy something. However, an emailed scan would be gratefully received as computerised info of this kind is always useful

Many Thanks,
Mark.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Further to the comment about colours of lotus 24s I have just found documented evidence (model cars ,may 65)that in the 1963 British GP Jo Siffert droveone with a pale pinknumber back ground ,also that year other private entrys were painted red, white ,blue and orange so theres a variety to choose from

21 - 25 of 25 Posts