SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Here is something a little different
Its a lotus 49 modelled on the car that jim clark (voted recently by motorsport readers as britains best ever world champion) used to win the 1967 british GP
It was constructed for the american proxy race "the GP de garagistes" which i was honoured to get an entry
It started life in 1968 when i made the aluminium steering unit ,but the car never got completed
45 years on i redid the unit making it non steering and installing it under a betta fibre glass body which i did a bit of detailing on .
The car i entered for last years event did well (4th overall) but suffered from being too heavy and powerful for the shortish tracks the event was run on
So this years one was much lighter featuring a fibreboard flexi chassis and a carbon fibre rattle plate
The motor is a pioneer hurricane motor which are extremely rare but Jules at pioneer let me have one (Thanks jules )
the gears are made by ranch products in america and are aluminium HO gears beautifully made and just right to fit in the small gearbox of a1967 GP car
I have to say that the magnets on the hurriccane motor has phenomenal magnets and despite the fact the car has 2mm ground clearance it still seems to generate a degree of magnatraction on scalex tracks
Enjoy

Cheers tony

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HiRob
The only onei,ve got is this ,and it wont tell you an awful lot ,other than to show the carbon fibre rattle plate and the hand made aluminium steering unit

The cars gone to the states now so you,ll have to wait till it come back

Cheers tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts