SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I would share some of my recent purchases and builds. The Lotus 79 is an Ostorero kit that was at times a bit of a challenge to build. However, the results were worth the sweat and pain. Although expensive, the quality of the kit is superb and I shall definately buy any future 1/32 1970/80 F1 kits from them. (It is a shame that the new Ferrari only comes as a RTR item.)

The Ferrari 312T3 is a brilliant hand made version of the car from Claudioslot of Argentina. A great model which I first saw on this forum. (Again, I would buy any future F1 cars made by Claudio.)

The third car is of course the recent Flyslot release that has been attacked and a few of the assembly errors corrected.

Anyway, enjoy and forgive the poor quality of the photos...

Thanks for looking,

Philip

·
Registered
227 Posts
They look great Philip,

Got my Fly Lotus Today and must say I,m very happy with it.
The only minor things that needed attention were a minor repositioning of the top half of the airbox (A 5 MINUTE JOB) and at some point I will redo the visor tampo with a little black paint, although this is hardly noticable unless you get right up close.

If they do a Gunnar Neilson version and a Ronnie Peterson Version ( because ronnie did run the 78 a few times) I'll be getting those too.

What chassis is the 312T3 sitting on ? As I might have to look into one of those.

The ostorero is fantastic but sadly I could never justify the cost to the missus.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Deslotted,

The Ferrari has a hand built plastic chassis by Claudio. (My car is number 3 of 25.) When it arrived from Argentina it had suffered from the postal system and I had to repair the wings. But it is a great model and I shall be watching to see if he makes any more F1 cars.

Neither the 312T3 or 79 are particularly quick but due to the cost of each I would not want to push them too hard in case they suffer some damage in an accident.
(The 312T3 was about the same price as the Ostorero kit.)

I had to also make an adjustment to the 78's air box as it was tilting froward and not covering the engine air in-takes properly.
I do agree with you about Peterson and Neilson versons of the 78. Both would sell well I reckon.

Cheers and all the best,
Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts