SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
11,652 Posts
Says so in the listing DR! Actually, it's hard to tell for sure, but from the photo it seems there is a glint as if the arm were epoxied, which would only be done with a rewound armature. Also, just by supposition, a chassis this sophisticated would automatically go with a rewound arm - we were all rewinding back in the day!

Looking at it closer, the can certainly looks like a Cox, but for the rest not too sure - hard to tell if that's a standard Mabuchi endbell, and the bearing on the back would be the type of motor that had the shaft coming out that end, not from the endbell, so the motor has been worked on.

Don

· Administrator
11,652 Posts
You're very welcome Ken. I totally agree with you about the scatchbuilt cars - in fact, that has become one of the main themes of my collection, and I try to do some myself from time to time..

Be very interested to see some more detailed pictures.

What's interesting too is that this is a bit of an "outlaw" model, with the small tires, outside of the body... Was it just a home racer looking for performance, or a club that allowed these modifications? Clubs generally emphasized more scale appearance, but there were definitely some that exceeded the rules from time to time...

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.