SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sort of new to this i am a lotus collector and also in models i have a couple of slot cars on order so i thought i would have a look on the net.

Face book is fine but always hard to look up history of a subject as the forums are much more user friendly for that sort of thing. So introduction complete will post some pictures of what i already have collected over the years not much in slot but it's a beginning.

I do have a few supper shells where can i get chassis and decals for them and naturally tyres mine will be a little hard now LOL.

later Andy

· Registered
4,809 Posts
You can keep and eye on ebay for the Super Shells chassis, you'll need the Slim Jim for the GP cars and the Pop-in or Saloon chassis for the sports cars. Pendle's also do a range of chassis for the GP cars and you can probably adapt the PCS chassis to suit the sports cars. For tyres you can check out Pendle's again or RS Slot Racing but depending on how the tyres have been stored all may not be lost. I run a lot of my vintage cars on original tyres, even some of the hard ones come back to life with a bit of a sanding and an oil treatment may also help.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
always looked at which car it was not who made it all were static shelf fillers but i suppose stay at home is the order of the day just now so decided to give them a once over and try to get them running

· Registered
355 Posts
dug some out this morning the orange lotus 40 when I took it apart to wash it full of dust old stock there is no pick up and no motor that was a good buy for me Lol all bought yeas ago.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0973.JPG
I'm a big Lotus fan as well, having owned ten 'real' 1:1 scale cars: 2 S2 Europa; 2 Twin Cam Special Europa's; 3 Elises; 2 Exiges; and a Turbo Esprit.

I also collect Lotus slot cars in 1/32 and 1/24 scale. LOTS of Lotus slots, vintage and current, out there. Some of the vintage slots, like the 1/24 scale Scalextric Lotus 38, are worth a lot of money in complete, original, and undamaged condition.

Looks like you have 2 Fleishman Lotus 40's; a Joeff Lotus 38; and a Strombecker Lotus 30.

· Slot King
4,686 Posts
Here are a couple of interesting 1/24th Lotus, made in the UK in the early 60s.

Metal master and body.

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

Ditto from the back.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Synthetic rubber Rectangle

Another body and wooden master.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

One day I will build one of the bodies (or recast it and sell a few).

Joel

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joel many thanks for the responce I have had the lotus bug for a long time now got to stop just took delivery of these this morning I actually have a lotus 30 so I just could not resist these two wife and I had a row this morning HOW MUCH This lockdown is getting expensive loving the elite if I can get a chassis and motor for my super shells elite I will do you have any information on painting cars like the old lotus 16 got to be in green.

Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Automotive design

Attachments

· Slot King
4,686 Posts
Interesting find Joel - no idea who made them I assume?
Don,we have discussed them before, they were made in the very early 60s by a company called Carlton and Iredale (after its founders)

They emigrated to Australia and sold the business to John Darnell, to the best of my knowledge, he never produced the 1/24th stuff but switched to 1/32nd instead.

Joel

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi lotus 30 , i have available pop in chassis and super shells elites , also have JS 3d printed chassis for the super shells PM if you would like some more info

cheers tony stay safe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.