SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Maserati 250F by Cartrix is lovely.
The Cartrix Classic GP cars go really well on Scalextric Classic track.
Cheers,
Kev.

With the Scalextric & Airfix versions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Kev,

Really make me jealous with your lovely layout and cars. You must have had it for many a year.How do you keep it so pristine?
Even in your close up photos ,if it were not for the rails, one could esily mistake it for the real thing 1:1
My layout needs a bit of spit and polish virtually everyday.
Where can one source old but good condition Scalex trackside accesories these days?
I dont understand Hornby they manufacture modern grandstands these days (or do they still?) but no spectators etc

Regards.

Bryan in South Africa

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Bryan.
Thank-you for the kind words.

This layout is indeed very old, as is my cleaning method.
After every use I rub the rails with an oily rag, then wipe again with a dry rag.
Twice a year I clean the black plastic with WD40.
I do the same with my Jouef layout.
I cover the Scalextric layout every winter. Before doing so I spray all the track with WD40.
If a track is laid properly & kept clean it will never give problems.

I`ve picked up the buildings over the years from dealers, swapmeets & other collectors. A dip in slightly warm soapy water every Autumn keeps them in A1 order.

Have you checked out Ebay for buildings?

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Hi F143 & FZ.
I got that Airfix Maserati from a tiny model shop in Sunderland during the early `70s. I used to love it...I would take it to bed on a night & buff it up with duraglit cotton!

Cartrix are lovely FZ. I`ve got one example of each Classic GP car, except for the Vanwall.
Cheers,
Kev.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts