SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 59 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,689 Posts
I was under the impression that the latest GT3 regs allowed used, varnished sponges on the front axel. But it’s not written so perhaps that was forgotten. I will add it to the next issue. If anyone wants to add that as a local rule for now I’d be happy to see it implemented and afford some recyclability to old sponges.

The GT3 technical formula is based around 1 hour races for sponge tyres. The tech regs are codependent on the race format in order to work effectively.

I have always and will always discourage any changes to race format or tyre selection when it comes to GT3 because the consequences of messing with things that don’t seem that critical at first glance, are in my opinion, detrimental to the formula’s effectiveness. Long raceare not appropriate for these cars. The motors overheat. Some tyres are not appropriate for these cars, due to the GC balance, grip management, and achieving the 62mm width on some cars (Scalextric bodies, mainly).

NSR wheels and tyres on GT3 seem to have been established as a benchmark rubber alternative, but only in short digital races (club racing) or in longer analogue races using the same technical formula. I’ve not seen a case study for longer digital races with an NSR setup, but I’d be comfortable in risking that as the safest bet.

Conversly we have plenty of data that both ProComp3 and 4 work very well for the cars and race lengths they are designed around.

GT3 on any G25 would be absolutely wild. The cars will be way too fast given their width and the behaviour of the tyre. They are already arguably “too fast” after several seasons of development which is one reason behind looking at the harder ProComp4.

This is a mixture of my personal opinions and a DiSCA stance, seeing as Suzuka 2022 will be an independent event and not part of any championship Tamar and SRC Eindhoven can of course do as they please, but I felt it prudent to provide this information.

Despite everything, whichever tyre is chosen should of course be something that’s available!

·
Gary Skipp
6,689 Posts
Hi everyone
If there’s anyone attending with all of the available Sideways GT cars, or NSR McLaren, please could you bring them (for one day at least) so I can assess them for the DiSCA database?
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 59 Posts