SlotForum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes, Zakspeed.....guilty as charged. But as you posted I was just in the process of writing an email to the British team captains.馃槆

"Dear British Slotrace friends

First of all, it was so good to see you all in Derby last weekend, it was so good to have the 9th edition of the DiSCA Le Mans 24hrs back...and what a 24hrs it has been.
I really enjoyed it.

Secondly, with the LM24 now behind us it's time to move on with the preparations for the next international DiSCA event.
Time to "reload" the postponed Suzuka Double Digital now scheduled for May 14-15 in Best, The Netherlands.

Preparations for the LM 24hrs had kept me rather busy, but the main reason why I have not posted updates was because I was waiting for positive news concerning the EU travel ban for non EU citizens. (read UK citizens)
So I'm most happy to be able to send you this update.
As of March 23, 2022 UK citizens can enter/travel to the EU if they are fully vaccinated, Quarantine period and negative test are no longer required. The only thing you need is a (Digital) proof of Vaccination.

Check: Advice | Quarantine Travelcheck | Rijksoverheid.nl.

Some of you have kept their entries and entry fees alive awaiting this news, some may want to re enter, some may want to do so with different team compositions, cars or classes.
I will do my best to make everybody happy and help out wherever I can. Please do contact me via mail or app if you have questions and/or need more information.

Sunday evening April 10th I will post more information."

On behalf of the Suzuka Double Digital Organisation
With kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Product Font Automotive exterior Event Screenshot

Dear Team Captains
Via this post a firm confirmation that the Suzuka Double Digital event will take place on the previously announced date of May 14-15, 2022.
With all DutchGov Covid related restrictions now lifted, there are no longer any restraints to organise the full Suzuka Double Digital event as we've all become accustomed to.
Which will include Free practice on Friday May 13th, GT3 racing & WEC Practice followed by the usual Saturday Evening diner at the local "chinaman" on Saturday May 14th and on Sunday 15th of May the 6hrs WEC race.

Final confirmation for the Suzuka Double Digital
Those of you that have entered a team for the original Januari race date and paid your entry fees, its been two months, and now we've got just 5 weeks left till the event.
It's very well possible that there have been changes to your team composition, the car, its drivers, possibly even the participation of the whole team.
So I would like to request all of you to inform us with any changes compared to your original entry...and with the bars and restaurants re-opened in Holland...if you (still) want to have dinner with us

Corona/Covid19
Although the number of Covid 19 cases in the Netherlands is still going down it's not gone completely. Proper Hygienic precautions are still advisable, better safe than sorry.
So the Organisation will provide disinfectant hand gel and ensure proper ventilation of the club room. In addition everybody's free to complement these measures by wearing a face mask, keeping distance etc. etc.
As a club we are no longer required to check for proof of vaccination, that is now a responsibility for the individual participants.
But...I think it's more than obvious that should you develop symptoms indicative of Covid during the weekend, you do a self test and in case of a positive result do not proceed to the event.
Should your team composition run into trouble (less than 3 drivers) contact us a.s.a.p via the app so we can see if we can help you out.

Travel to SRC Eindhoven on Friday
As of March 23, 2022 The EU allows Non Eu citizens to enter/travel to the EU if they are fully vaccinated, Quarantine period and negative test are no longer required. The only thing you need is a (Digital) proof of Vaccination.
Check: Advice | Quarantine Travelcheck | Rijksoverheid.nl.
If you plan to fly in on Friday afternoon please do inform us of your Flight nummer and arrival time so we can arrange a shuttle to the club as usual.
The club will open from 14:30 till 21:30 for free practice

Provisional Time Table Suzuka Double Digital
Friday 13 May 2022 DiSCA GT3 / WEC 6hrs Suzuka Free Practice
14:00 - Doors open
14:30 - 21:30 Free Practice WEC & GT3
22:00 - Close Club

Saturday 14 May 2022: DiSCA GT3 / WEC 6hrs Suzuka Free Practice
08:00 Doors open
08:15 Registration Controller & ID check DiSCA GT3
08:30 Bar open, Free Practice (60 min), Priority given to teams that did not participate in Friday's Practice session
09:30 Driver's briefing DiSCA GT3
09:45 Timed Practice & Tech inspection. DiSCA GT3 (60 mins)
10:50 Rostrum position choice based on best time from timed practice.
10.55 Line up Grid Race 1
11.00 Start Race 1 (90 mins) DiSCA GT3
12.30 Intermission

12:50 Tech inspection Race 2 DiSCA GT3
13:00 Line up Grid Race 2 DiSCA GT3 (reversed grid from race result race 1)
13.10 Start Race 2 DiSCA GT3 (90 mins)

WEC 6hrs Suzuka Practice
14:45 - 15:00 Registration/ controller/chip check & pairing
15:00 - 16:45 Free practice 1
16:45 -17:15 Track closed, Hand out materials, controller/chip check & pairing.
17:15 - 19:00 Timed practice 1
19:00 - 19:10 Parc Ferm茅 (note: only handout parts must be placed in the Parc Ferm茅)
19:10 - 19:15 Close Club
19:30 - 21:30 Diner

Sunday 15 May 2022, WEC Suzuka 6 hrs Endurance
08:00 Doors open, Bar open, Breakfast served
08:30 - 08:45 Hand out race motor & tyres, controller/chip check & pairing Release cars/parts placed in Parc Ferm茅
09:00 - 09:15 Racebriefing
09:30 - 11:15 Timed Practice 2 & Technical Inspection
11:25 - 11:45 Concourse & Team photo's, Driver Rostrum selection based on qualification result.
11:50 - 11:55 Grid formation
12:00 - 18:00 WEC Suzuka 6 hrs Endurance
18:30 - 19:00 Award ceremony.
19:30 Close Club

Final Instructions & Entrylist
Will be send to you on Sunday May 1st

Hoping to see all of you again mid May in Best
On behalf of the Suzuka Double Digital 2022 Organisation

With Kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
Team Ford Racing, formerly Corvette Racing (can't deny, I'm a blue oval fanboy), is starting final body preparations for the next test session and race. Chassis is already up to scratch and has proven it's worth.
Now hand me the silicone 馃槀

Premium Member
Today was D-day for the Ford Racing Ford GT GT1, making of the mould.
Rectangle Toy Gas Font Plastic

I'll let the pics do the talking, but overall it's a success!
Clean and crisp lines and details copied in the mould, now I van prep the original plastic body for its' final paintjob, decals and detailing, ready for the next testday at Suzuka, May 1st.

Banana Saba banana Green Blue Hood

Azure Automotive tire Paint Hood Rectangle

Tire Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Gary Skipp
Hi everyone
If there鈥檚 anyone attending with all of the available Sideways GT cars, or NSR McLaren, please could you bring them (for one day at least) so I can assess them for the DiSCA database?
Thanks!

Premium Member
Hi everyone
If there鈥檚 anyone attending with all of the available Sideways GT cars, or NSR McLaren, please could you bring them (for one day at least) so I can assess them for the DiSCA database?
Thanks!
I've got all of the Sideways except for the Ford GT "thingie".
They're in my polybutler all the time, so you can have either one 馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Dear Team Captains & Slotfriends
In this post the latest update with information for the Suzuka double digital weekend from 14-15 May.
Below you will find details of the twelve teams taking part in the 6hrs WEC race on Sunday 15 May, the timetable for the entire weekend and some additional info

Entries for the 2022 Suzuka Double Digital 6hrs WEC race
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

Firmware
For this event we will be using the following firmware versions:
O2 Chrono: Dongle 3.12
3.01 for B1 O2 chips
3.16a for B2 and O2 chips
Make sure you have the correct firmware installed on all your O2 chips that you want to use during the event

Friday 13 May
Some of you will fly to Eindhoven Airport on friday, as usual we will be happy to shuttle you from the airport to the club.
I you want us to pick you up, use the Suzuka 6hrs 2022 whatsapp group to send us a message when you've landed
Well be at airport in 20 min.
Also as usual will be the Pizza delivery on Friday night, make your order now at the bar

Saturday 14 May: GT3
There are currently 8 teams that will participate in the GT3 on Saturday, this is mainly because at the time of registration for the original date last January we had 15 teams and a limit of one GT3 per team.
So there is still room for teams that want to register a second GT3. if you're interested in that...let us know.
As mentioned in earlier posts and mail:
Tyres for the event will be Scaleauto Procomp4, should you need a set, we stocked them for you
Max axle width: 63 mm

Timetable Suzuka Double Digital
FRIDAY 13 MAY : FREE PRACTICE

14:00 - Doors open
14:30 - 21:30 Free Practice WEC & GT3
22:00 - Close Club

SATURDAY 14 MAY: DISCA GT3
08:00 Doors open
08:15 DiSCA GT3 Registration, Controller & ID check.
08:30 Free Practice (60 min), Priority for teams that did not participate in Friday's Practice session
09:30 DiSCA GT3 Driver's Brief
09:45 DiSCA GT3 Qualification & Tech (60 mins)
10:50 Rostrum position choice based on best time from timed practice.
10.55 Line up Grid Race 1
11.00 DiSCA GT3 Start Race 1 (90 mins)
12.30 Intermission

12:50 DiSCA GT3 Tech Inspection Race 2
13:00 DiSCA GT3 Line up Grid Race 2 (reversed grid from race result race 1)
13.10 DiSCA GT3 Start Race 2 (90 mins)

SATURDAY 14 MAY: WEC 6HRS SUZUKA PRACTICE
14:45 Registration/firmware check.
15:00 Free practice 1 (90 mins)
16:40 Track closed, Hand out materials, firmware check.
17:00 Timed practice 1 (90 mins)
18:35 Parc Ferm茅 (note: only handout parts must be placed in the Parc Ferm茅)
18:50 Close Club
19:00 Dinner

SUNDAY 15 MAY, WEC SUZUKA 6 HRS ENDURANCE
08:00 Doors open, Bar open, Breakfast served
08:30 Hand out race engine & tyres, firmware check. Release cars/parts placed in Parc Ferm茅
08:45 Race briefing
09:15 Timed Practice 2 & Technical Inspection (90 mins)
11:25 Concourse & Team photos, Driver Rostrum selection based on qualification result.
11:50 Grid formation
12:00 Start 18:00 Finish
18:30 Awards Ceremony.
19:30 Close Club

We look forward to seeing you all again

On behalf of the Organization
With kind regards
Tamar

Premium Member
Thank God I'm currently in the final stages of paint with this Ford GT. It's been a hefty few weeks since it left the mould. Decalset that didn't fit as it should had me revert to brush painting (windows and lighting had already been fitted for the last testday).
Just a few days to finish decals and clearcoat the thing...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

41 - 59 of 59 Posts