SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen & Others can you help with the following in a box of bits & bobs in the garage i unearthed two old blue hand contour m.r.r.c. controllers from the mid 1960's ( not the barrels), everything is there except the wire on the resistors now can anyone remember what gauge wire was used on these originally, as far as i can remember they are either 10 ohm or 15 ohm and i was thinking of rewiring them for home use, iam not sure if this is the place to post this but let's try. thanks Keith.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
If I remember correctly they came in a choice of 2 1/2 , 5 , 7 1/2 , 10 or 15 ohms ,probably the lower options being offered a bit later.

What resistance did you want for home use?

The tricky bit might be getting the right size wire without having to buy so much it would be cheaper to buy another controller.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers 300 SLR i did think it would be cheaper to get new ones but these controllers were amongst the very first of this type after M..R.R.C replacd the barrel type and i thought i might give it a go after all these years to get them up and running , i will more than likely go to 10 ohms and take VFR 750 advice and get S.C.D. to rewind for me after trying to get the remainder of i think it is shelac of the resistors. Keith.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts