SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day
As everybody is jumping on the 60's F1 band wagon I thought I might join in.
I manage to score a little motor from a cd-rom drive today and I read somewhere on the forum that somebody was using one for his car.

The model designation on the can is FF-050SK-11170.

Is this motor going to be OK for this purpose?

Cheers,
Lenny

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Lenny, great to hear that you will be joining in the F1 proxy frenzy! Hopefully you will be entering a Brabham-Repco!

The FF-050SB-11170 should be just fine. It has a nominal operating voltage of 7 volts and a nominal speed of 10,400 RPM. It should turn at around 13,000 to 14,000 RPM at 12 volts. I suspect (but I'm not sure) that it may be the same motor as used in the Scalextric MotoGP bikes.

My favourite is the FF-N20PN, which has a nominal speed of 14,500 RPM at 5 volts, but only measures φ12.0×10.0×15.0 (the FF-050 is a bigger motor, measuring φ15.5×12.0×26.9). Admittedly, I stick a BSRT armature into the FF-N20PN and do a few other modifications, such as using an Alpha endbell, ballbearings, etc (pictured on the extreme left):-

This is the decoding for Mabuchi motors:-

Kind regards

Russell

PS: Good game against the Kiwi's!

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Salaam Abu Rus'l,

naughty of you to scare off the populace !!

But one day I swear I'll spring my surprise on you

Ciao
Beppe

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G'day Russell
Yep, I was planning on a Brabham but a skinny tyred class car. I was hoping to get a Nostalgia body from John but he is a "bit" slow on delivery these days. There is a Classic one as well but it would have been good to run a Australian made body on the car.
I'm afraid my effort will be nothing like what David and the others have turned out but the idea behind the event realy appeals to me.
I gave the motor a short run on the home track and can confirm that it at least spins"
Anyway thanks for the info and hope fully we can meet up at the "Drama In Manama" next year, Allah and the CAMS international training team willing!
Cheers
Lenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts