SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
IF you can turn down the Mura endbells per my article you can also use the Slot-It 26k-29k arms from their motors. They come with the better cummutators, to get a rebuildable motor and brushes. They are not that fast for the homeset cars and do a good job for me.

If I need a hotter arm for it I then rewind the Slot-It arms to what I want. You can also just put the Mura endbell on the Slot it can, so you don't have throw that away. That gives you a shorter over all motor that fits in places better than the Cheetah/Falcon can, which though, also can be shortend if you want to.

Here is a shot or two of the motor and parts.

· Registered
398 Posts
Two other cheap motors with good comms are the Cheetah II and the newer, new Fox motor. Make sure it is the new Fox with the longer cooling holes. Not the older shorter hole can or the one with no cooling holes in the can. As those two have the old bad comms.

I use these for re-winding also. They do need to be retimed though, as the timing on them is about 90 degrees off from say the Rabbit or Slot it motors. Not hard to do, just don't forget to do it.

Have Fun!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.