SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Another one for the experts please. Is there any difference in spec between these two apart from the longer shaft on the blue wound motor?...

I would try it but I only have one chassis (the Jag) and I glued the motor in that one!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Julian, are they significantly faster or would you only notice at the top end? as on my home track I very rarely see top end.

·
Peter Seager-Thomas
1,216 Posts
Hi Marlon.

I've used a lot of the motors with the blue windings on the pre-war cars I make with skinny tyres. Mabuch SH 030SA is the designation. Low current draw, modest power, about 17K RPM at maximum efficiency. Spot on for cars with low grip.

The motor with the red windings makes me think of the Ninco NK1, make for karts. I have no specs. I believe there are a few 'hot' motors used in the HO world.

Peter

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE (MAF @ 22 Nov 2011, 18:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Another one for the experts please. Is there any difference in spec between these two apart from the longer shaft on the blue wound motor?...

I would try it but I only have one chassis (the Jag) and I glued the motor in that one!

Thanks,

The comms are different, aren´t they ?

Roland

·
Registered
576 Posts
QUOTE (PeterSussex @ 22 Nov 2011, 22:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe there are a few 'hot' motors used in the HO world.
Oh yes, there are. And a lot more so than in the 1/32 world.
A "hot" HO car would clean the clock of a "hot" 1/32 car any day of the week 24/7.
Fast HOs will literally run circles around 1/32s.
And there's plenty of hot motors, here's one example. (Click on pic for more).

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
In an HO car that red wire motor is noticeably quicker than the blue wire one, I use the blue wire motors for cars without magnets, they're uncontrollable with the red wire motor, there are at least 3 motors quicker than this one though, a gold wire, a red wire without the spinner on the armature and a green wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts