SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This Carrera La Bostella is on its way to Australia ! I decided to ask my friend Bernd of Nortorf , Germany , to build me another one for my collection . I asked him to keep it as basic as the original cars of the late 60s. You will notice the chassis is actually original late 60s , also the motor is of vintage stock , and is a tuned Buhler , and requires around 14 volts for optimum performance . The body was painted by his friend Volker , who always does an excellent job . The car is basic in looks , but this was the look of the 60s. Bernd assures me it is well balanced , has excellent braking , and goes very well ! Zig

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kev ! These cars go very well , and look cool as you put it !. I do have a few , and they are so very smooth ! I forgot to add , Carrera used the name "Rennchassis" for the chassis of the La Bostella , but it is also installed on many of their late 60s models . The car is also know as the La Bostella Sportsman . I posted an original La Bostella some time back ! Also , some of my Carrera cars can be seen on the topic "Hansel and Gretel ". Zig

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Jairus for your comments , much appreciated . I have to agree about sidewinders - they are smoother indeed ! I have placed comparison pictures of the late 60s Rennchassis (left hand side ) - you will notice there is no "Carrera" label on the chassis at all - only the guide has Carrera moulded into the plastic . Also ,the repro chassis on the right hand side , called the Racegold chassis , which many of the La Bostella cars are fitted with nowadays . Both are fine performers ! The Rennchassis is fitted with a Cox 36D motor , but I am sad to say the tuned Racegold motor blows it away ! I might place a Chong or Lenz motor in that Rennchassis one day ! Zig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts