SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Ok after my last track I still have some Coppertape left over (Two rolls) so what do you do..... Go buy more MDF
. Now a sane person would have just sold the tape or kept it as spare but nooo not madmini. Well after about 2 weeks of on and off routing and preping (Yes I have finally got a job
) I finished the routing. The Board is 8ft X 3ft and has one lane - Well yes it is a RALLY track
. I want to base the rally on an English type rally (Network Q style) when they actually used to race in the UK on public roads and across some poor farmers field
. I am not sure what power is going to be at the moment or what controler I will be using but hey there is time before that is important... Like 3 mins after I have taped it

Well I guess its picture time or do you want me to go on a little

No the Varnish tin is not part of the track

The bits where I havnt painted Grey/Tarmac are hopefully going to be fields where the cars can have fun going sieways avoiding sheep or silly spectators.
I guess I'm going to have to buy more rally cars - Anyone want to buy a Little brother??
Or is there anyway I can mortgage the cat?

Madmini (Thomas)

·
Ian
99 Posts
Do you know what would be great on this track........

Some of those 360 cars, then see if you could do a complete lap without going the wrong way....

Bet you couldn't
go on dare ya

Looks great fun

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you like it guys

@Ian - You going to supply a 360 car?
hehe

Well I finished painting it today (Well the track part) and I got the tape down.
I will get pics posted tommorow

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok wiring is done on the track. At the moment it is running off a car battery charger with some jumper leads handy so I can hook it up to my collection of car batteries. I will find a photie eventually

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok' Im back to doing more scenery on the track after thousands of hours of playi... I mean testing

I suddenly got the motivation to add some mini mountains today

Tommorow I may get more wake up juice (Red Bull
) and start sculpting. I found that working in 40 degrees heat is hard

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK after moving stuff around and a few months of kinda procrastinating I got the urge to do some more to the track.
SO I built a bridge out of ssome platsic and paper mache and then some mountains

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Realizing it's been a whole year since I started this project ( Man I'm lazy, Or busy, Ill go with busy) I got a lot more work done, I have modified the track a bit. Now the right hand side of the track, shown in pic 2 of the first post, is a hill climb, that only the best cars can get up... My Pc is in a sad state so I will try and upload photo's tonight.

Well this was a photo from the building stage

And what it looks like now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.