SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I guessed it was time to do an Update on my tiny track. I got it taped and it is now powered by two Scx standard wall plug thingies
. The controllers are of an old Le-mans set.

Well Today I went to the local Wallmart (1hour away!
) and found these Motobikes in 1/32nd I got 5 bikes there on the spot
My dad had already got me a Vespa 125cc about a week ago

And I got an Aston Martin Dbr9 scx But enough about that stuff and more about the track.
Its on an 8x4 ft board with no elevation and two lanes. The scenery of the track is kinda going to be a what if scenario. Basically I want it to be a Modern european targa. So the racing will kinda be held on a classic town style circuit with modern and classic cars. So I am trying my best at making the track look old and weathered (Not finished yet).

This sis the top end of the circuit. Where the black building is with the cars is going to be a museum type building with the History of racing kinda theme going on in there. I am currnetly making some grass out of sawdust hehe
to fill the areas out a bit.

Here's the bottom of the track. It show's the Pitwall idea I was after for it. Basically I just want it to look like a tempory set up. The Fia barriers are not meant to be here permenantly I just didnt want to see flying cars go airborn into a solid floor/wall lol. The skoda is sat in an area that is going to be a tyre centre. I am basing it on a small tyre company I remeber from France. They Invited us in to watch a classic car race around their town centre. Too bad they dont make a Morgan 3 wheeler slot car to race lol.

Thanks for looking. Please comment as I need some more help.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thomas,

Quite a nice layout you've got there. You're well on your way.

Several folks (including me) have done tutorials on scenery. Do a quick search for the topics you're interested in.

As for your scenery, you're doing very well as is!

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Excellent layout! Why? Cause it is very similar to mine except you went wood. Make sure to get some high sides up. I like your squeeze. I have a crossover in that turn which I will remove - way too many accidents.

I have mine turned around with the long straight at the front. I find it a bit easier to drive. I had it the other way. With the small spaces you have a bunch of building fronts would look good.

NIce bikes. I have the #29 and I also got a couple of the ATVs that WalMart had. Where did your dad find the Vespa? I have been looking for one.

Good work.

bill

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Black3sr thanks forthe comments. He got the Vespa at Wallmart but when I went back they didnt have anymore
. Its a really cool set of models

Thanks Thomas

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
I did WalMart trip this morning - 5 minutes for me
No Vespas. Still some ATVs. Also a grocery store here has the bikes in their toy area but again no Vespas.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Attention Walmart shoppers....

Keep checking! In my store (Orangeville), the selection of NewRay stuff is small and you never know what the restock merchandise will be. I check every time I'm there (once or twice a month) and I usually find something useful. I have 3 road bikes, 3 dirt bikes, 2 ATVs, 5 cars, 1 pickup truck, and an auto hauler (that I plan to convert to a race team hauler) that came with a Ford GT and Chrysler Crossfire. No duplicates. I did see a Vespa a couple of times, think it was NewRay too, but passed on it as I'm not a "scooter fan" - don't think I ever saw one at Mosport!
The 1:32 stuff seems to sell well, so hopefully they'll keep stocking NewRay items. It's a cheap way to decorate a track.

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's been a while (Again) scince I last posted an update. I have been slacking off so I have only made two buildings. This one is nearly complete so I decided to post it now during my spare time

The stones are a lino flooring that has been cut up and stuck on. Ok I got really bored one day

I am thinking of staining it after I have filled in the gaps around it.
I am wondering if a Tea bag will age it nicely??
BTW the box was that needles box next to the skoda on the thrid picture on this thread
Diabetes - Lots of scenery ops hehe

·
Thomas
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well with some time off from saving the world lol I managed to start myself up again to finish the tracks. I Finally measured the lanes and both lanes are near to eaxactly 23 feet per lane
That was with no exact calculations either
But back to the important part..... I want to make a working pitlane with 2 lanes in it but I'm unsure how to make a switch to divert the cars into it?? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.