SlotForum banner
861 - 880 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm having an issue with using ARC AIR with the Magic App on an Android tablet. What happens is if I use a predefined throttle profile, the calibration is off in the race. The simple throttle profile works fine in that the calibration of say 10% is the same speed as how the car runs in a race with a yellow flag. If using the predefined throttle profile, the car runs way too fast in the race with a yellow flag. So I adjusted the calibration to 4% and it's still is to fast. Finally, I tried 3% but the car barely moves or doesn't move at all with a yellow flag in the race. Please advise.

Im having similar thing happen
Arc pro
windows 10

Seems like the car calibration works perfectly with Simple throttle profile, but on Predefined throttle profile B, the car calibration ( during yellow in Race) is way slower.
It would appear that 25% speed on the Simple profile is more like 15% speed on the Profile B.
This is OK I guess, and probably logical. It just means that all the car calibrations that are set up with the Simple Profile as default, are no use when using a different throttle profile.

Is it possible to that the car calibration stays the same no matter what throttle profile is used?

And....... Woweeee, this App is awesome !!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Every time there is a yellow flag all cars that are in the pits automatically start moving at calibrated speed. ( yellow flag is set for all cars to operate at calibrated speed )
Also under yellow flag conditions we cant enter pits or change lanes
If I am in pits trying to refuel and there is a yellow flag call my car starts up and leaves the pits and stops refuelling
Is this normal? Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes - same issue here... I´m sure this never worked as intended.
In "Yellow Flag Type" you have to choose "stop" if you do pitstops. This problem has been reported previously in this thread.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Magic
Good to see you back on here
New version 1.6.3.2 on android will not import old database getting error message
Also can not save cars etc
If I go to halll of fame app crashes
Cheers

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
I republished 1.6.3.0. Now all that remains is to wait for it to be verified and released in the store. I have not found any anomalies on my device.

·
Registered
36 Posts
App has suddenly stopped connecting to the forum page and the support page? Click on either tab and app closes? Might just be me but have uninstalled and reinstalled with same result. Still allows access to app functions though. Weird.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #872 ·
Sorry for the problem, but Google has updated its application deployment policies. Magic Arc App, as it requires permission to access the GPS (which I don't use, but which I have to request in order to scan BLE on older devices), removed the application from the Store two days ago, and asked me to make corrections. Then, I don't know how, the release ended there is a version from the "beta" channel, as it appears in the name of the application in the store. Obviously flawed version. Please be patient that the correct version comes back online (I have no problems on my device).

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
...it requires permission to access the GPS (which I don't use, but which I have to request in order to scan BLE on older devices)
And now we know why it location services need to be turned on with many devices. Still doesn't make sense to require a service that's not used, but at least we know why it needs to be enabled.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 · (Edited)
Every time there is a yellow flag all cars that are in the pits automatically start moving at calibrated speed. ( yellow flag is set for all cars to operate at calibrated speed )
Also under yellow flag conditions we cant enter pits or change lanes
If I am in pits trying to refuel and there is a yellow flag call my car starts up and leaves the pits and stops refuelling
Is this normal? Does this happen to anyone else?
Fixed. the car stays in pit, until released. (on the next release 1.6.4 or above)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #876 · (Edited)
Im having similar thing happen
Arc pro
windows 10

Seems like the car calibration works perfectly with Simple throttle profile, but on Predefined throttle profile B, the car calibration ( during yellow in Race) is way slower.
It would appear that 25% speed on the Simple profile is more like 15% speed on the Profile B.
This is OK I guess, and probably logical. It just means that all the car calibrations that are set up with the Simple Profile as default, are no use when using a different throttle profile.

Is it possible to that the car calibration stays the same no matter what throttle profile is used?

And....... Woweeee, this App is awesome !!!
Ok, now it should take into account the current profile used. (on the next release 1.6.4 or above)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #877 ·
Problem 1: When I set up a 'Hot Laps' race, no matter what race duration I put in, once I start the 'race' the timer on the race screen will show the time I entered (say 30 mins) but a second or two after we start the timer drops to 5 mins. It doesn't matter what time I set this to and it doesn't matter what other setting I use in quick races or the main menu.
I'm going to investigate. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
Hi Magic
When we race the maximum 6 cars, the lap counting becomes unstable, some times cars registrate to many laps, and extremely low (not possible) laptimes. At one of our 40 laps race, one car registrated 7 laps more than it passed the SF line... One fault is that when track overload is activated some cars will get a extra lap registrated. This is easily replicated. Start a race (One car is enough)- drive a couple of laps- Short the track- resume the race - observe that an extra lap has been registrated.... I can understand lap skipping, but what can trigger that the app registrates to many laps??
I'm investigating...

861 - 880 of 1005 Posts