SlotForum banner
481 - 500 of 631 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Anybody know what the damage repair time under general settings is for/when you would want to use it?

Also what is DNF no acceleration wait setting do?

Thank You
I'm not sure what the damage repair time is for...I think at one time there was a plan to link it to whoever called the yellow flag i.e. caused an accident and in so doing had to wait a certain amount of time for their car to be repaired.

The DNF one I replied in another thread and wasn't corrected, so it should mean that if a car stops for any reason and the trigger on the controller isn't used the car is DNF (Did not Finish) and the race will end normally without waiting for that car to cross the finish line

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi
Trying to run Magic ARC on an old Samsung S4. It works just fine. But I only get German speech in the main menu?
Are there phone settings or is it not fully compatible with the app?
no big deal, just curious.

(The reason I try it is that it is MHL compatible. can then run Magic android app directly without delay to TV)

Larsen

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,
Is there any kind of manual for Magic's amazing app?
I know most of it is relatively intuitive, but I must admit to getting confused by some settings (eg yellow flag penalties). Also issues such as cars flying off out of control at the end of races and other issues that appear to have been dealt with are not obvious to anyone who may have missed a relevant posting on this excellent forum.
To gather all this together with some basic instructions, advice For setting throttle maps and other settings, plus some kind of FAQ would be invaluable. I think it would need to be written with novices in mind but maybe with advanced sections as well. A lot of the stuff on this forum is beyond the understanding of mere mortals such as myself!
I'd happily pay for my copy.
BTW I am aware of some old videos available, but they are now rather out of date, and, for me, a pdf version which I could print out would be so much easier to use.
Maybe others would also be prepared to pay for a manual?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Hi Magic
Some kind of audio signal when a car passes S/F line would be great. Maybe just (optional) beep like carrera has.
We often have discussions if a lap has been registered or not.
as the laps are recorded on the powerbase, it is almost useless. unfortunately the information on the passage of the car on the arrival sensor is not sent immediately, but depending on the car id with more or less delay (even beyond the second).

P.S:

I'm almost done writing the manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry if this is an old question but it's hard to search through so many pages.

how do I make pace cars do random lane changes? It seems that I ought to be able to make a setting of, say, 20%, and the pace car has the lane change on at 1/5th of the time randomly.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I don't want to be rude but if you knew what triggers a lane change (i.e. an infra red LED burst from a micro computer) you wouldn't say that.

What you CAN do is cover the LED of the pace car with black tape.

That way when it it approaches a lane changer it will not tell it to "go straight" and if the previous car has made a lane change it will follow in the other lane.

So this will give a small degree of variability.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't want to be rude but if you knew what triggers a lane change (I.e. an infra red LED burst from a micro computer) you wouldn't say that.

What you CAN do is cover the LED of the pace car with black tape.

That way when it it approaches a lane changer it will not tell it to "go straight" and if the previous car has made a lane change it will follow in the other lane.

So this will give a small degree of variability.
I like the idea of taping over the LED on the bottom of the pace car to allow for some form of lane changing. You will also then need to keep in mind if you put tape on the LED emitter then the pace car will also not count laps. This should not matter much unless you want to know if you were able to lap the pace car and how many times you were able to lap that pace car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When starting the app and Bluetooth is connected ( lights green, Arc Pro analog mode) there is no power on the controllers, so I can't drive the cars without starting a race. Any idea? I am using the latest beta version on Android and also Windows.

481 - 500 of 631 Posts