SlotForum banner
621 - 639 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very similar for me

During yellow flag i like to have other racers all moving at the calibrated speed ( similar to real life racing under yellow ) however ..... any cars in the pits start to move when yellow flag is started. they stop pitting and drive off at calibrated speed.

Maybe while the refuel button is activated this will over ride the yellow flag for that car. We can stay in pits and keep refueling.

Great app. I use it all the time. Other minor tweaks would be great , but the yellow flag issue really affects the quality of racing. It basically means i cant have fuel stops and yellow flag in the same race
Hi Magic , Ive just been testing updated version of Magic Arc App.

The issue with cars in the pits moving off when a yellow flag is called has been almost fixed. When the refuel button is pressed the car in the pit will stay stationary during yellow flag ( very good :)) BUT .... the refuelling stops !!.

Thanks for the update. Great app. I hope this feedback is helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi @Magic !!
I don't know if this has already been requested, but I wish I could adjust 2 items:
1) in the general configuration menu, allow decimal values in the “minimum possible lap time” field. I use this field a lot to level up drivers and preserve cars.
2) include in the hall of fame, car and drivers. Today I only see pilots.

Best Regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi @Magic !!
I don't know if this has already been requested, but I wish I could adjust 2 items:
1) in the general configuration menu, allow decimal values in the “minimum possible lap time” field. I use this field a lot to level up drivers and preserve cars.

Best Regards
yes to having Drivers and which Car in HoF. Would be interesting to see how different driver do with different cars.

·
Greg Gaub
17,248 Posts
@Magic there is a post in the ARC Air forum I want to make sure you're aware of.

·
Greg Gaub
17,248 Posts
Strange, if I search for „magic arc app“ I find it immediately in the App Store.
Henk, the link I posted goes directly to the feature request (which I will paste below), but the "preview" generated by the forum when I pasted the link is to the first post of the thread. In this way, the forum is stupid. The original post was from back when the app was not appearing in the store, which as you point out, is no longer the case... until next time. ;-)

This is the message I wanted @Magic to be aware of.

For the Air operation, I'd like a traditional analog race where both cars run both lanes and the result is the addition of the two races.

A step further, it would be good to be able to enter some large number of drivers and have the software generate the brackets of each driver in each lane and sum all the results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi @Magic !!

Best Regards
Hi @Magic.
I hope you're okay. did you read the post above? hugs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi @Magic.
I hope you're okay. did you read the post above? hugs
hello @Magic I hope you're well. I really like the magic arc app and I've been using the iOS version for 2 years. I would like to know if you intend to continue improving the app. A few months ago I suggested as an improvement to allow decimal values in the minimum lap time. Currently I also thought if it would be possible for the application to emit a different sound, when a lap was completed, below the minimum time configured. I read a post that commented something about a 2.0 version. this is real ? If the current version is already very good, I wonder what a new version would be like. Sincerely, Ronaldo.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Would it be possible to get a race finishing mode that brings all cars to a stop the moment the winner crosses the finish line? This would be useful for running a race where you intend to have everyone run for a fixed amount of time on different lanes and then add up the results. So lets say we run a 10 lap race. The first car crosses for the 10th lap and the power stops. The second place car was perhaps a lap and a half behind, so you would record (on paper or whatever) that the second place car got 8.5 laps compared to the winners 10 laps. Then you would switch lanes and run again, doing the same thing. I tried all of the different finish modes, and I tried calibrating the cars so that that don't move at all, but it seems like the software always lets the other car finish the lap they are on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @Magic ,first of all thanks a lot for your app... it is really nice! I have a suggestion that maybe has been already done... in Tyre Wear option... It would be nice to have the alternative to select either Soft / Intermediate / Hard tyres... and depending on which one you select, you may have different performance and tyre duration... thanks a lot again for your good job!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi @Magic ,first of all thanks a lot for your app... it is really nice! I have a suggestion that maybe has been already done... in Tyre Wear option... It would be nice to have the alternative to select either Soft / Intermediate / Hard tyres... and depending on which one you select, you may have different performance and tyre duration... thanks a lot again for your good job!
We simulate tyre options by changing the power and tyre usage settings for individual cars. For soft we run at 100% power and 60% tyre wear, medium 90% power and 70% tyre wear, hard 80% power and 80% tyre wear. We basically played around with the settings to get 3 pitstops on softs, 2 on mediums and one on hards for our 30 lap races. Obviously you go faster on softs but pit more than on hards which are slower but only require one stop. The obvious disadvantage is that you cannot change tyre choices during the race but I do not believe this is technically possible with Magic...would be great if you could though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about having a teams element to the gameplay? Will be required for digital tracks (in most cases), where the drivers are allocated to 2 or 3 teams (depending on the number of drivers. 4 drivers for 2 teams or 6 drivers for 3 teams - and can include pace cars if there aren’t enough drivers, can include pitstops or not for human drivers), so that they are competing for the win, plus also how their team performs. I think this will add an additional dynamic to the app?

One suggestion for the team that wins would be the total of the lap times (lowest total team time would be the winner) for each team will decide the winner. Another suggestion to determine the winner would be points per placement for each driver, so the highest points would win.

Another idea of the team event would involve, sharing cars - x number of laps for one driver, then the car switches control (for those with multiple controllers - 1 for each driver) to the next driver (of the same team) for x number of laps (and it keeps switching until the total of laps are finished). Would need each car to go into the pits and then pause for x seconds then change driver - with a notification. Gameplay can involve teams sharing the controller if there aren’t enough to go to all team members, so there could be a prompt to handover the controller to driver [name]. This could scale up where teams of 5 could play each other - sharing a controller - up to 6 cars.

Again, the team element could extend further, if there are multiple controllers assigned to each team, when they pit, their team mates will have to press buttons to perform the functions.

621 - 639 of 639 Posts