SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Hi folks... just to add, the distance between the blade sensors in the ARC powerbases is 300 mm (not 350mm). I think this would be a better length dimension to use for base transit speed calculations. Also, I like the idea of a user selectable scaling factor which defaults to 1:32 - JayEs suggestion gets my vote!

C
are you sure ? if I reverse the powerbase.. I see the sensor at the start.. and end of the PB..

·
Registered
223 Posts
added: the one who called YF using the controller, may remove it using the controller also.
All drivers should be able to check/uncheck penalty with the controller (fx LC=check/uncheck and brake=ready to run) when all drivers are ready to run YF can be lifted autoMagically instead of tapping the screen. It would be nice to do it via the screen also. And as always in software development: "if in doubt make it optional". Magic you are an ace!

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Yepp Magic... you are an ace!!! my suggestions are intended to help you with some fine details in terms of precision - I realise you are super busy taking on board everyones input and ideas... keep up the amazing progress :)

C

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
C1374.jpg

if we want to be perfect, the sensors are:

- on the right, at 1cm from the border (where is the hole)

- on the left, at 2cm from the border (inside the rail, you may see a little internal hole.. just see inside..)

so, the distance between sensors is 320mm.
smile.png

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Hi Magic, there is a blade sensor towards each end of the track piece - it runs from one side of the rail to the other and to see it look for square apertures on the sides of the rails. The distance between the square apertures is 300mm. The circular hole is for the ID detect and as we know on the car the ID strobe LED is at a different position from the front of the blade. Consequently, the detection algorithm will be important if we need absolute precision of position measurement. If the algorithm measures time from the front of the blade then 300mm is correct. If the algorithm measures from the point at which ID detection is confirmed then the correct length will be less than 300mm, perhaps 295mm or there abouts. OK?

C

·
Registered
223 Posts
Magic, sorry, but you are wrong, I disassemble both the air and the pro and measured the distance from the start of the first blade sensor to the start of the last blade sensor. The option sensor is not use when base is in analog mode. The distance should be measured from start to start and not start to end.

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Yep JayE in my post #100 I also suggest 300mm as a sensible length for use in determining transit speed so I think we are in agreement :)

However there may still be some small errors in this approach depending how the timing algorithm functions for the car detection at the S/F line sensor when operating in digital mode. In this situation the S/F sensors are functioning as both blade detection AND detection of car ID. Hence there may potentially be a slight timing delay which would correspond to a slightly shorter measurement distance.

C.

·
Registered
223 Posts
This was basically what I was thinking the YF screen would look like when we discussed YF.

Operated by both controllers and screen. (tapping, LC=Penalty (toggle), BRK=Ready (toggle))

Yellow Flag

Penalty? (Yes/No) Ready? (Yes/No)

Driver 1 No Yes

Driver 2 Yes No

Driver 3 No No

Driver 4 No Yes

Driver 5 No Yes

Driver 6 No Yes

[Resume Race]

'Yes/No' as a red/green "ball" or a checkbox

'Resume Race' as a button and autoMagical resume when everybody has reported 'Ready'

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
This was basically what I was thinking the YF screen would look like when we discussed YF.

Operated by both controllers and screen. (tapping, LC=Penalty (toggle), BRK=Ready (toggle))

Yellow Flag

Penalty? (Yes/No) Ready? (Yes/No)

Driver 1 No Yes

Driver 2 Yes No

Driver 3 No No

Driver 4 No Yes

Driver 5 No Yes

Driver 6 No Yes

[Resume Race]

'Yes/No' as a red/green "ball" or a checkbox

'Resume Race' as a button and autoMagical resume when everybody has reported 'Ready'
If the YF can be resumed by controller from the one who called it (or by tapping the screen), why each players should ack the start?

101 - 120 of 631 Posts