SlotForum banner
161 - 180 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use calibration value for pace cars. Ok.

But, I use calibration value for human cars, when I should slow down them. you may use the throttle, but since the calibration value should be the min value to move the car.. if you don't give full throttle, the car shouldn't have enough power to move. When I slowdown the car, kers/fuel load or other power modifier are ignored.
Okay, makes sense. But this is more or less unusable as slow-down under YF or as a penalty after YF because the driver needs to give full throttle to make the car move and when the power gets back to normal the car will take off at full throttle. This works differently in RCS64 but the power is limited to a max and all throttle values above is value are truncated to this value. In your app it is the throttle that is being compressed instead and once power is normalized the driver will the throttle input at max.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Magic

Looking forward to more rumble effects..

Ive tested the Win10 version on my ARC pro this weekend and the app is running very stable and smooth.

We found however some issues on the way.

Sound effects love it, and would like more, but the workshop sound, when changing tires are really annoying. (is it emulating some kind of powertool ? i´m sure the tool is broken)

We have a large room so the volume is quite high, but we had to drop tire change because of the sound from this.

Is it possible to have user set sound effects ?

YF slowdown When a racer calls YF and it is set to slowdown, a driver in the PIT also gets a slowdown signal and starts rolling out, even if fueling is not finished.

Is there a way around this?

Race finish After race end, cars comes to a full stop (often out of reach), and we have to pick the car up by hand and place it on the startline for a new race.

Is it possible to have a function, so we can drive the cars to a new start?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yellow Flags
Hi Magic,
I have version 1.3.4.3, running on Android platform (1 hp tablet & 1 Motorola g6+ phone), Arc Pro. When I first downloaded the Magic app in early September it work flawlessly. Not sure which update caused my issue but the YELLOW FLAG and end of race power does not work correctly.

1- yellow flags in any style of use- slow, stop,track call, lc+brake, brake, no Accel, resume yellow do not happen when called for. Example, In a 100 lap race if I make a track call 25 laps in it won't stop the cars for 20-30 more laps then will start as it wants. I've tried every possibly setting trying to get it to work, I think.

2. End of race power, track doesn't power down for at least 20-30 laps after race no matter what type of end of race is selected (immediate, everyone, dead).

3. Start of race countdown and start your engine not in sync.

Seems to me 1&2 are related. I've reinstalled the app a dozen times with no change along with purchasing a second Arc pro pb thinking that could be the issue. I want to start a mobile track company, thinking it could be done with Arc pro I'm over a grand into it and i have nothing I can use. Scalextric app is a complete joke, I love the magic app and looks great! Any help would help me tremendously, would love to donate if I can get this going.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. The yellow flag is not reliable when I use it in a race. Sometimes, it won't stop the car when called. Most recently, now, it won't resume the race after it's called. I was wondering if this was related to the speed of my wi-fi connection, but everything else seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I uninstalled the latest version and installed 1.2.5 released in July. The yellow flags work perfect but this version crashes quite often. I also tried the next version 1.3. But without the latest version, yellow flags didn't work for me on this version either. Then additional, I installed the latest update just to double check and yellow flags aren't working as originally mentioned. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Do you have any chance to try the windows version ? (Or the ios one)

Another user with android has the same issue, and I didnt find why.
If other OS doesnt has this issue, I may restrict the issue to an android BLE issue (I change BLE library some version ago..)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will try to borrow someone's else's device. That's what I was told about the Scaley app from Andy P, get a iPhone lol. If I have to I will. I'll find out shortly. Also the 1.2.5 version does have BLE connectivity issues sometimes and when it happens it is constant and takes many attempts to finally connect. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Magic

Arc air
Android
App version 1.3.4
After race finishes the cars keep going
Last version it work as it should with cars stopping as they finished the race
Although like someone else said would be nice if they stopped sooner

Also during race app shows laps to go could we have the option to show lap your on
Eg.1/5 is shown on first lap 2/5 is shown on second lap
5/5 you are on the last lap
It is the way I have always seen it and your way seems odd to me

Arc air
Ios
App version 1.3.4
Will not connect to base
Light on the base turns green but app shows diconnected at top of screen and if I try to start a race a message pops up saying not connected

Also needs option to show lap your on

Previous app had no problem connecting

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just tried it on my friends s9 Oreo based phone and had the same exact issues. Yellow flags don't happen when called, doesn't resume when called and power continues after checkered flag. Please let me know if I need to try anything else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will try. I've never been a fan of apple but if that's what it takes to get this going. I don't understand why it would work on your s8 but not a s9 or any Android platform. But I will try, thank you! At this point I will pay what it takes to get it going. Thanks for the help again really looking forward to donate to a working app 😉

161 - 180 of 631 Posts