SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to Magic ARC? I have been using his product with my Scalextric ARC Air on my iPad. My old iPad broke and I bought a new one. I went to re-install the Magic Arc program from the app store and it says its no longer available. But, its still on Google Play for my Samsung phone. I sent Christiano an email but haven’t heard back yet…….

Any recommendations for racing software for Analog tracks?

Thanks for any tips,
Mike

·
Greg Gaub
16,814 Posts
There are only two choices that I'm aware of that communicate with the Scalextric ARC One/Air/Pro bases, and those are the one from Scalextric, and the one from MAGIC.

Where MAGIC is, we don't know. Apple store apps have to be renewed every year and the cost is not insignificant. In the past, MAGIC has stated that donations would help that, and it was returned to the Apple store. At this time, though, we don't know if that's really the case, as he has not posted anywhere that I know of to say so.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Assuming your using the same Apple ID on the new device. Go to the App Store app, click on your user icon - top right, select Purchased and search for the Magic App and reinstall.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming your using the same Apple ID on the new device. Go to the App Store app, click on your user icon - top right, select Purchased and search for the Magic App and reinstall.
yeah, I tried that too. The problem is that it doesn’t show up in my purchased apps.

I’m just curious if anyone has tried the Smart Race Connect product with the Analog addition?

Mike

·
Greg Gaub
16,814 Posts
I’m just curious if anyone has tried the Smart Race Connect product with the Analog addition?
The only SmartRace apps I'm aware of in the digital slot racing scene are specifically for Carrera Digital, and will do nothing for any Scalextric products.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only SmartRace apps I'm aware of in the digital slot racing scene are specifically for Carrera Digital, and will do nothing for any Scalextric products.
here is what I’ve been looking at:

Quote from the website:
“Suitable for all types of analogue tracks. Whether Carrera Evolution, Carrera Go!!!, Ninco, Scalextric, SCX or any noname track.”

·
Greg Gaub
16,814 Posts
Ah, I see. Yes, that would work. There are several other analog lap counting apps for mobile devices that work like that, or use other electronics (such as internal hall sensors) to detect cars. They are certainly worth trying, but I don't know of any that interface with the ARC hardware.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found a project on Github which is maybe a promising starting point for some ARC based RMS. I'm intrigued with the idea of a modern RMS which is publicly maintained to prevent the sort of issues we now have with Magic.

I also found another project (Carrera) where the bluetooth connection is made through the browser. This would be a nice solution to create one app as RMS.

I've got some programming skills, but I don't know if this could be set-up / maintained by me, but maybe we can find a group of people to work on a project like this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently looked at the philm400 project as well and I think somewhere he also makes a mention of connecting with the browser using the Web Bluetooth API. I found this an interesting concept so even with my very basic JavaScript knowledge I was able to write a simple pace car script which can record and play back a lap. So definitely interested in this!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey gang, I just wanted to let you know that Cristiano just renewed the license for the Magic Arc app in the Apple store. It’s now available to download.

Mike

Reactions: Tinkerer

·
Registered
346 Posts
For the Air operation, I'd like a traditional analog race where both cars run both lanes and the result is the addition of the two races.

A step further, it would be good to be able to enter some large number of drivers and have the software generate the brackets of each driver in each lane and sum all the results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts