SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Got a magnate stuck in the "nuetral" position on a SCX car. The screw head has gone so I can't wind it in to the "minimum" position. Is there anything that I can do to reduce its effect on traction? At the moment it is 1 second faster on a 7 second lap than anything else because it corners like it is on rails.

I've tried card and gaffer tape stuck over it to no effect. I don't want to break it out.

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
If the head is stripped, you'll have to find some other way to get it out. I hate those little screws and how hard they are to turn.

You can't negate a magnet by putting things between it and the track. Magnets are magic.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
QUOTE You can't negate a magnet by putting things between it and the track

But you can reduce its strength by placing a iron or iron-based steel plate over the bottom. This will reflect downforce upwards but it will have to be thick and it will probably ruin your track surface, or cause electrical short circuits on the rails, or ground the car.

Firstly, get a new screwdriver so you don't ruin your screwheads. To solve this screw issue you could try using a blob of epoxy resin with your screwdiver set into the screwhead. Wait 20 minutes and then twist. A tiny drop of WD40 or oil on the inside thread may loosen it a bit, but don't get any on the screwhead or the epoxy won't set. If that does not work then break it and have some Kleenex nearby for the tears

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.