SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Mike

I have a routed track and race some RTRs on them... What Tropi said is mostly correct..... The magnets tend to hide many of the faults in the RTR's cars...

More than likely you will need to add some weight...... how much depends a lot on the car you are setting up and how you dirve.... I would start by putting some just behind the guide under the front axle if you have the room....

the other thing you might need is a deeper guide.... Slot-it makes a very nice routed track guide that is a drop in replacement for most of the RTR's.... The deeper guide along will be a big help.....

try to make sure your wheels and tires both front and rear are as round as possible..... if they allow them I would go with a set of Slot-it wheels or BWA wheels on the rear.....

The best thing to do is ask questions, and see what set ups the guys are using and then work form there... Check and see what kind of tires they are running too...

On my track I use only sponge tires..... but that is for my track... I have had fairly good luck with the PPR tires or the Ortman tires....

I have a article on what I do to my RTR cars for my routed track that may or may not help..... http://jbriggsk9.tripod.com/chrisbriggsslotcarpage/id7.html

Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts