SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to get a magnet for a caterham 7 that im restoring, i hate cylinder mags so changing the scaley to sumthing else is a no go. id like a bar mag thet will give it a lot of grip but not too much so it can slide if you push it enough, if anyone has a scaley merc clk put the bar forwards and fita button mag, thats the kind of slide im looking for. the chassis is wide enough to take a scaley bar but the person i got it of of ruined the car doing that. i know i like mags but a scaley thick mag on the bottom of the chassis! too far! a million miles too far! took an R1 at full throttle... bigges piece of [email protected] i ever drove.

anyway i hope you can help
CG

·
Registered
265 Posts
Generally I use the Prof. Motor #1065 gold bar mag. It is thin and more of a medium power mag on my track. They fit in or on most cars. I also like the Slot-it mags, too. They have a large selection of shapes and pulls. Tire choice also has a great deal to do with desired handling characteristics. Tuning both these aspects together, for me, yields the most favorable results. (Until I discover I don't have "enough motor.....this goes on and on). Have fun!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think lotus is right... I understand you like the idea with magnets but this time you might wish to get some help with getting some good grippy tyres instead. That should make wonders for your car and might actually give you exactly what you are looking for. Lotus or Inte might have suggestions for suitable tyres with good grip? You were racing on sport track?

//peter

·
Registered
458 Posts
if the tyres will get it sorted,then sure ill try that
but the only problem is that the caaterham uses small narrow tyres. i dont know what woud fit
im guessing that i could use lola front tyres or clk front tyres, but whats good and whats not?

and yes i am racing on sport track, also im restoring it from a freinds mod job gone wrong

G

·
Hi, for sport track I found that ortmanns worked best and offered stability.

try www.rsslotracing.co.uk

Almost worth the money.

Baz

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (compound_goose @ 4 May 2004, 20:09)i would like to get a magnet for a caterham 7 that im restoring, i hate cylinder mags so changing the scaley to sumthing else is a no go. id like a bar mag
You might find a Fly button mag to be what you are after. Stronger than the standard Scaley button it fits straight into the Scaley recess. Not as wide as the bar (obviously) but that means it isn't over the rails all the time and the car can slide a little.

Coop

·
Gary Skipp
6,506 Posts
QUOTE (lotus03 @ 4 May 2004, 23:03)You want grip, but can slide if you push it?

Sounds like you want no mags....

Lotus
Orrrrrrrr a Carrera bently. I asume the Audi R8 is the same aswell. My bently is great on my sport track, mag there for grip but you can power outa them curves for fun.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant find any websites for the ortmann tyres, www.rsslotracing.co.uk diddent seem to exist. as for the fly button
QUOTE i hate cylinder mags
anyway tho. im thinking about the tyre upgrade and a magnet downgrade, to scaleys medium thickness magnet. also does anyone know if pendles e-mail is down or is it mine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts