SlotForum banner

Magnet Marshal

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  MrFlippant 
I think Stan showed an easy way to make a magnet scale using a digital weight scale. It might not show the same numbers as a MM, but even MM can vary between units. The important thing is that all cars are measured on the same scale and made as even as possible.

I know the new owner/maker, and he'll ship anywhere, but I don't know what his distribution plans are. It might be a small enough market that he'll stick with direct sales.
The new one will be more expensive than the old one, so if you only need to measure downforce, it might be a bit overpriced. The other stuff will be nice to have if you can afford the kit, though.
On the plus side, I would not be surprised if a lot of current/old MagnetMarshal owners decide to get the new one, and then post their old ones up for sale. The hard part will be catching those when they appear.

A friend of mine found out about a guy who is doing a DIY version and selling them. It looks like it works the same as the other DIY ones you've seen around the forum, though it is fairly compact, not really tall like a few of them. I don't know where he is located or where he'll ship to, but you can find his site if you google "slot car rocket". He also makes and sells cars, but has a magnet marshal type product that he's also selling. This is for the people who want a simple device to check and try to even out a set of magnet cars. I don't think there's much hope that it will match a MagnetMarshal brand device's readings of a car, if you were trying to set something up to the spec of a race of some kind, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.