SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I understand that some folk have the desire to make Challenger "faster" but how about the opposite angle.

How about tips on making your cars that you race against Challenger slower!

There is a racer on an SCX thread who admits that his circuit is a small home circuit and he detunes his cars to make them more fun for his circuit. Not everybody wants to go faster.

Maybe somebody should start a new thread along these lines?

Some folk like to detune their cars for example by taking the magnets out. The challenge then is to create a car without magnets that can compete against an out of the box Challenger on "slow mode" with stock Scaley power.

Also remember that the Scaley Ford Focus and NASCAR Pontiacs and Lotus 7 and cars of that ilk are not going to beat Challenger in standard trim no matter how good a racer you are. So its all about balance. If you detune a car and practice with that it will make you a much better racer according to some folk here.

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Have I not read in other topics or at other sites about folk who do have adjustable voltage and who have adjusted the voltage to the lane that Challenger runs in?

Whilst it no doubt can be done something inevitably will suffer or be compromised as a result longer term. Folk who just run one layout can do things with Challenger specifically for their circuit and therefore create a purpose built Challenger.

However, if like me you consider creating different circuits as being one of the fun parts of the hobby, then Challenger is the perfect companion and is always available.

Pacer is not as perfect as some folk here make out as, unlike Challenger, Pacer does not know where the car is on the circuit relative to its position, so as the performance of the car changes through heat and increased resistance, Pacer cannot recognise this and the car then runs funny and, for example, accelerates where is should not on a complex circuit.

Pacer is OK for short simple circuits. For anything longer and complicated it is out of its depth.

Moped

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.