SlotForum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE (Knacki @ 22 Jun 2011, 20:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Workaround:
Print the color of your car on white decal paper and leave white parts free.

Workaround, not more.

I keep one sheet of the white decal blank I normally use for my own decals and print test patches ( ca. 1o x 10 mm ) on it of the basic colour of the car where the decals will be placed.
WYSIWYG doesn´t show the real color of what will be printed so it is more reliable to adapt the printed color step by step to the color on the car.
I normally print three or four patches with different RGB or CMYK combinations and, of course write down the numbers of the varying shades.
Then I take the printout and hold it on the car to see which color variant matches best. Since I´ve noted down the numbers I know which background color I´ll have to use for an optimum match between decal background and car color. Then I print my decals on the white decal, being surrounded by the "matching frame", let it dry, seal it and cut it out as close as possible to the decal. The small border of the matching background color helps to blend the decal into the body color as good as possible ( or as matched the background color of the decal...)

Here an old and repeatedly shown picture where I had used this method. Even when you hold the car in your hands it´s hard to see the fluent passage between the yellow of the car and the yellow edge of the decals.

Roland

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Many thanks for sharing techniques and experiences.

Especially the idea, in various forms, to find what spray colour goes with what print colour.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts