SlotForum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nearly forgot this - so here is a quicky:

7 racers battled in round 2. Class winners were, Keith, Jason, Keith, Jim & Jim. Highest scores were 35s for Jim, Jason had the lowest that was in Group 5.

Wes was not racing, he was recuperating after a heavy weekend at Brands, were it all worked out splendidly - for him. This let me slip into the realm of 4s & 5s with the odd win. I had no 1s and it was not till the last class that the famous cry went up "3REE WILLY". Even without Wes I seemed to find plenty nose to nose racing, I carelessly took Jim out, a compliment he was quick to return. I didn't learn as I did the same on Thursday and so did he, DOH!

Jim won just from Keith 152/150. Next along was me with 116, which made me also best Clubman. Luke was 4th on 92, which he thought might be a PB.

Next round is on the 15th. MFR results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
With Tony, Wes and Tim back in action and Keith and Alex away it was 8 of us for round 3. There was a 2 point deficit in the total score, with a tie in the result an investigation followed, resulting in 2 additional points for Luke.

31 was Jim's winning score in Fly Classic - it should have been 36 - probably best not to go there. 2nd was Wes with 30, with me next with 23 making a clear win for Jim.

Indy, Tony should have had a full house but 35 was his final winning total, one of the clearest wins ever with Jim next 10 points away. After it was pointed out that I should use my newly purchased car I was soon clicking along well with a win in my 3rd race, after which it was all tears, mostly self inflicted, to give me my worst class.

With Jim netting 34 followed by Wes on 25, Group 5 saw another clear win.

With 90 points at break time Jim was getting ready to put his feet up, Tony was next with 77. In Clubman it was Tim/me on 58/57 so a battle royal there. Talk was led by Tim with tales from the vineyards. most entertaining though not quiet to "the Fruit is Ripe" standards. Talking of films, Wes was recommending The First Man, while I sang the praises of Jonny English's latest exploits. Luke kept us up to date with the England - Spanish football, his news of goals scored by England were met with disbelief.

Geoff couldn't settle on a Lorry and ended up with the evening's worst class score. Up front Jim continued romping with 34, Wes and Tony shared runner up with 28 each. With Tim and I also tying for 3rd the battle for Clubman continued.

At last the full house came Jim's way in Open Saloons. It was another clear win as Tim was 10 points behind.

3 wins from 3 rounds for Jim as he finished with 160. Wes was runner up with 120. Tim won Clubmans with 105 as I came in 4 behind.

Next round is on the 29th. MFR results on web site.

Part TWO is scheduled from November 26th, picks are already done, here is a reminder:

1. Nascar

2. Ninco WRC

3. NC1 DTM

4. Go Kart

5. Open Classic

·
Registered
617 Posts
Seems some of you do not know about the upcoming Farnham Challenge series of three rounds:

At Bolwextric on Monday, Nov 12th.

Farnham on Wednesday, Nov 21st.

Home Farm on Tuesday, Nov 27th.

see more detail.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The dates for the Farnham Challenge have changed, the final two rounds are now on:

Farnham on Wednesday, Nov 28th.

Home Farm on Tuesday, Dec 4th.

At Manor Farm Racing Club we have got to round 5, attended by 6 of us, we did not use the white lane.

Luke got off to a poor start in Fly Classic when he scored his lowest class score of the night 9, he then went on to have rather a good night including winning a class. Jim really set the scene with a clear win with 23 out of a max poss of 25.

My new Indy car is starting to go well and the tyres are starting to show signs of grip, none of that did me any good as I had my worst class to come last with 10. Luke also has a new Indy car, it goes exceptionally well out dragging everyone down the straights, he did well. Up front Wes only won 2 races but still took the class with 19.

Group 5 didn't suit Geoff who slumped as low it it came with 7. Keith did rather well ending with 21, beaten only by Jim with 23.

The first full house of the night went to HIM, Keith got the spare win and was next with 19.

At the break Jim was really rockin with 85 followed by Keith with 87. Talk was of Wednesday's meet at Farnborough.

Luke picked the extra class, Indy as that had been his best class, he scored 21 and WON the class.

It was another full house class for Jim in Open Saloon, I didn't win a race but managed to grab runner up with 19.

An easy win for Jim with 121 followed by Keith, 104. I was next with 92 which also got me best Clubman.

Next round is on 10th December when we will start the new classes, see them listed above. Apologies to Wes who brought along the wrong cars on the strength of what I put there. It just proves that everything here is FAKE NEWS.

more results on web site.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
At the break Jim was really rockin with 85 followed by Keith with 87. Talk was of Wednesday's meet at Farnborough.
Too easy this week Will!

·
Registered
617 Posts
With Jim on the prowl I did think twice before doing a blog this week, even though I did not attend on Monday I thought I should mark the last round of MFR club for this year. I put my head in the lion's mouth to bring you this bloggett.

Round 6 meant new classes and a welcome return to the fray - Tony.

Class winning scores were generally low, wins were shared by Keith and Jim (with 1 full house).

If the racing followed the scores it must have been close, Tony came in last but scored no lower than 15, while Jason had the lowest class total of 13.

Jason's 13 was actually a lucky 13 as he won Clubman class with 86.

Meanwhile up front it was another win for Jim on 141, closely followed by Keith then Wes,

Next round will be on 7th January 2019 ! Happy seasonal's to you all. MFR results.

PS: To celebrate Xmas - we are all to bring snacks (meaning cakes) to next Thursday's NNR evening - TRIGGER SAID !

·
Registered
617 Posts
Err --- sorry I failed to spot the NEW PICKS hidden on the reverse of the score sheet. In my defence, I wasn't expecting them.

Their early choosing is down to the big swap meet early in the new year.

The Class picks for 2019 series 1, part A, currently due to start on March 4th:

Hornby GT

Muscle Car

RAID

Carrera F1

Open Open Wheel

Ouch, two Open Wheel classes - not everyone's cup of tea - Tee Hee!

·
Registered
617 Posts
It was round 7 on the 7th as 6 of us got the new year rolling. We junked the White lane and Luke got to pick an extra class.

Luke started in fine form by winning the first race, But Nascar class was won decisively by Wes with 24 out of a possible 25. My Grey Nascar struggled as I tried to get back in the slot and I netted the worst class score of the night, 7.

It was normal service in Ninco WRC with Jim getting the only full house of the night.

DTM saw Wes's second win with 23, Jim came in last with 8 - JIM SCORED EIGHT!

Jim started to pull it back with a winning 22 in Karts.

At the break Wes was comfortably in charge with 83 from Jim with 76. Somehow I had managed to sneak into the lead in Clubman but with Luke picking Nascar as the extra class I was not confident of a win. It was turning out a real fun night as we whooped it up as Luke, who seemed well on the pace but ended up being carried along on most of our bonnets. Great play was made of any hint of body bashing as we all jostled to make headway with the diverse pick of cars.

Luke got off to another win in his pick of Nascar re run. Unable to get near the pace I trundled round in full Wambulance mode, but with few offs I netted few points and all of us Clubmans' ended up very close. Up front it was Jim's turn to win Nascar but his 23 was only 1 point ahead of Wez.

Open Classic ended with a tie with both Jim and Wes on a winning 22, I was using Sandy's Alfa which was not up to this open class as a winner but was still dependably fast and got me some handy points.

At the end of this enjoyable night Wes was the winner with 127, Jim was 6 away. Somehow I managed to hang on to clubmans with 77.

Round 8 will be on 21st, normally a picking night but these have already been done - see above. MFR results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
7 of us again for round 8, lot's of good racing and plenty of banter to accompany it, which was surprising as Wes was under the weather and had to give the evening a swerve. Get well soon Wes.

In results, the spread sheet - he say NO! There was an extra point more than there should have been and with Tony and Jason just a point apart I thought I should investigate. - even though Tony would have always kept his place as he had 1 more race win than Jason. Turns out that the scores for NC1 DTM had too many "2s" and a "1" lacking. Both Tony and Jason had a 2 recorded so it could have been either of them - but I am inclined to suspect that Keith had been allotted the errant 2 which had been scribbled heavily over another score.

Coincidently, with just two rounds to go in the series there is only one pair of racers separated by just a point - Jason and Tony.

It was a night of considerable outrages and it all kicked off when someone swiped out a bunch of cars in an early race, looks like Jim was involved in some way as the pace of Jim and his Nascar had the look of a 36. As it happened Jim scored just 27, but that was enough to win the class followed by Jason on 25. My grey Nascar is never going to win a race, it has clocked useful points over the years, but at the moment it is struggling to keep up with anybody, of course that could be down to me. I should have finished last but somehow that honour went to Tony with a very unlucky 13.

36, by guess who, saw business back to usual in Ninco WRC, Keith was best of the rest 7 points adrift.

It was Tim and Tony doing most of the winning in NC1 DTM , but some steady work by Tim saw him win the class easily with Tony 7 points behind. YES - I did put "some steady work by Tim"!

At the break Jim was leading handsomely with 84. Keith was best to the rest, while was not doing a all well being last with 46, already some 20 points behind my usual rivals - hopefully things could only get better.

Everyone has their own Go Kart, except me, so I get first dabs on the party karts, and one of them is not bad at all. And so it was I had my best class, it would have been even better but green lane yoghurt curve took the shine off things. Keith won with 32, possibly that should have been more - but this was one of those nights. Coincidently there is a rumour being put about that Green Lane Yoghurt zone is SOON going to be completely re-turfed - or what ever needs doing. That will be nice. :)

Open Classic saw Jim end the night with another win with 33, Keith was runner up with 25, while Sandy's handy Alfa did me proud once again with 23, everyone else was in the teens.

Another round won by Jim with a commanding 145, Keith was well clear of the rest of us with 130. Third and best Clubman was Tim with 108 - well done to them all.

Next round is on February 4th, MFR results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
With Jason away and Keith under the weather we had 7 racers for round 9.

We started with a shared win in Nascar with Tony and Jim on 30 each.

Jim ran away in Ninco WRC with the only 36 of the night. Tony was next with 31.

Tony won NC1 DTM with 29, with Jim n Tim on 25 each.

At the break Jim was leading Tony by just 1 point with 91, in Clubman Tim had amassed a huge gap from his opposition.

Karts, a class were I have a chance of a win thanks to the solitary Party Kart with a red pinion. Jim was also sporting a pinion rouge and the first race settled down heading for a red pinion one/two, as I comfortably kept station just behind Jim as I was red pinion in the red lane. My mind became distracted (easily done you say) with the thought of should I try to pass and if so where? Without warning in a turn Jim's kart jammed and presented its rear across my lane, whether Jim had actually de-sloted I know not, but after the ensuing collision Jim went on for a win, while was off seeing RED in the dirt, my best chance of a race win all evening gone - DOH !

In Classic Open Jim won with 34, with his nearest challengers being Wes and Tony who both finished a mighty 10 points behind - WOW.

Clearly another easy win for Jim with 159 with Tony somehow managing to conjure up 139 for runner up. In Clubman Tim's 100 points got him an easy win. The final round is on 18th Feb and there are some scores to be settled for the final outcome. see points so far.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sorry about the delay publishing the scores from the final round. This was down to there being some errors in the score sheet, With a tie sorted by most wins between Wes and Tony I spent some time checking everything through. There were 4 separate errors, but after the dust settled all the result stayed the same.

With the events of the evening rapidly vanishing I don't think I will risk a full blog, but the evening was won by Jim with 138 points, Keith was runner up. I won Clubman followed by Luke who is starting to give me a hard time finishing just 5 points behind me, his closest yet.

The result of the championship was a clear win for Jim with 114 points followed by Wes with 88 then Keith with 80. In Clubman I won with 118 with Luke 2nd with 94. Tim doesn't turn up that often but when he does he is starting to score some serious points, he beat me beat me each night we both raced.

The upcoming new classes and all the results going back to the year dot are on the web site starting from here. The next Championship starts on March 4th.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Tony has yet to "mount the mount", this is a new hump of track that will overlay the circuit between Hairpin and Biscuit. As he is determined to use Mount Hump this series, to take advantage of the RAID class he has reordered the classes to enable the hump to be installed during the break. The web site now shows the new order, which you will also be able to clock from this blog.

Eight of us started the new series, 2019 series 1. Keith got off to a good start as did Luke with 33 and 27 points respectively, it was a good pointer to the evening with Keith leading overall and Luke in charge of Clubman.

Keith owned Hornby GT with 35, Wes was next on 25. I hadn't checked my own offering, not sure I had ever used it, I think it was EX Donkey, but it had hardly any drive to both wheels. I snatched a Party Porsche, but it persisted in de-sloting and gave me 5 last places, I snatched another for the last race and came 3rd. Perhaps a smidgen of preparation may not come amiss?

Another 35 saw Keith really stretch it with another 35, Wes was next with 26.

At break Keith was well away with 103, in Clubman Luke was having a great time with 69. My 43 had me a clear last, I can't remember the last time I was less than 50 at break - DOH! Tony was clearly very excited about the forthcoming use of The Hump, and he and Keith spent time discussing the method of electrical connection to the circuit, either a plug or two - by the sounds of things.

RAID saw more excitement for Tony as he got the first 36 of the night, Keith was best of the rest with 27.

Jim finished things off with the other full house in Open Open, Tony showed Jim's advantage with his second place on 24.

So Keith is leading after round 1 with 143 (he had a terrible final class), Jim came from nowhere with his runner'sup 136. It was all change in Clubman as got himself a clear victory with 95, do we have a new champ in the making?

Next round is on March 18th, I wonder if we will all get The Hump! ? Meanwhile there is more on line here.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Does this mean that the blind spot as the cars pass under the bridge will now be extended when the hump is in situ? That should make approaching the hairpin quite interesting.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
It's going to be against the back wall, Pete, so shouldn't affect any visibility. Will help the "biscuit" marshal sneak another digestive unnoticed though! I think Will meant between underpass and hairpin!

That's if you actually believe it will be in place (and working) during this run of the Raid class. I'm not yet entirely convinced.

As it is, while carrying it back from the track Tony tripped over some of his strategically placed clutter and broke it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Of course it will be in place, Jim. Has Tony ever let you down?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just glanced back at what a wrote and can see how Peter got hold of the wrong hump location. I also noticed another sentence was dysfunctional. The last sentence of the penultimate para should have read:

It was all change in Clubman as LUKE got himself a clear victory with 95, do we have a new champ in the making? Well done Luke. :)

Ref Jim's reply, now I know why the new hump looks like an elephant has trod on one corner. Another mystery of life answered.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It seems the hump has got the hump, so no hump this series at least, or maybe forever. 8 of us slugged it out in round 3, Tim had some great cars, sometimes he forgot to breath, sometimes he forgot to listen as the crowd roared - Tim's car is illegal. For me it was a welcome distraction as yet again things went bad for me, worse then even the classes would have me to expect, even with the frequent application of Wambulance mode I struggled to avoid a last place finish in most classes.

Keith got off to a good start in Carrera F1 winning with 34, Luke was bast of the rest with 27.

34 for again for Keith as he won Hornby GT, this time Wes and Jim shared the 27s.

Time for Jim to step to the top step as he won Muscle with 34, Keith was next with 32.

At the break Keith was well out in front with 99, Jim was next a long way away. Luke was ahead in Clubman just clear of Tim. We picked the classes for the second part, see below.

33 was Jim's winning score in RAID, Wes was runner up with 28. Luke obliterated his Clubman opposition as he got used to and then made good use of Tony's special red Pajaro.

My only car I can use in these picks is for Open open wheeler, it has done good work for me as it was pretty good out of the box (Tim - that's a real box, with a standard car in it!). But straight off the line something wasn't right, by the first corner I was way behind, and struggled to make up any ground. Turns out I had a touch of the single wheel drive, I tried a few driver fixes and actually went on to get my best class of the night. Up front Jim and Tim were slugging it out as Jim tried to plead tyre outrage while Tim just held his breath. Jim won by a point with 31. Luke was headed for an over the ton total but this was by far his worst class with a rather sad 12 points, he had beaten me easily in every other class.

A slender victory to Jim with 145, Keith was next with 142. 107 was enough for Tim to snatch the Clubman as Luke actually only managed 95.

Classes were picked for part 2:

1. SCX Junior Rally.

2. Ninco GT inline.

3. Lightweight F1.

4. Fly Classic.

5. Open Open.

Jim your scribbling of the classes was commendably clear, however the size of the hill you need to climb was demonstrated when - I just could not work out what L/W F1 meant and I had to consult the previous class lists - how sad it that. Which brings me to.......

Having put a new list of past picks going back 8 years and seeing as we are now post hump, perhaps we could decide an order of classes like Class 1 Open Wheel, 2. GT, 3 Road cars .........., at the moment looking back through the list is a bit of a dark art. I will bring in a printed new list in on Thursday and it is also It seems the hump has got the hump, so no hump this series at least, or maybe forever. 8 of us slugged it out in round 3, Tim had some great cars, sometimes he forgot to breath, sometimes he forgot to listen as the crowd roared - Tim's car is illegal. For me it was a welcome distraction as yet again things went bad for me, worse then even the classes would have me to expect, even with the frequent application of Wambulance mode I struggled to avoid a last place finish in most classes.

Keith got off to a good start in Carrera F1 winning with 34, Luke was bast of the rest with 27.

34 for again for Keith as he won Hornby GT, this time Wes and Jim shared the 27s.

Time for Jim to step to the top step as he won Muscle with 34, Keith was next with 32.

At the break Keith was well out in front with 99, Jim was next a long way away. Luke was ahead in Clubman just clear of Tim. We picked the classes for the second part, see below.

33 was Jim's winning score in RAID, Wes was runner up with 28. Luke obliterated his Clubman opposition as he got used to and then made good use of Tony's special red Pajaro.

My only car I can use in these picks is for Open open wheeler, it has done good work for me as it was pretty good out of the box (Tim - that's a real box, with a standard car in it!). But straight off the line something wasn't right, by the first corner I was way behind, and struggled to make up any ground. Turns out I had a touch of the single wheel drive, I tried a few driver fixes and actually went on to get my best class of the night. Up front Jim and Tim were slugging it out as Jim tried to plead tyre outrage while Tim just held his breath. Jim won by a point with 31. Luke was headed for an over the ton total but this was by far his worst class with a rather sad 12 points, he had beaten me easily in every other class.

A slender victory to Jim with 145, Keith was next with 142. 107 was enough for Tim to snatch the Clubman as Luke actually only managed 95.

Classes were picked for part 2:

1. SCX Junior Rally.

2. Ninco GT inline.

3. Lightweight F1.

4. Fly Classic.

5. Open Open.

Jim your scribbling of the classes was commendably clear, however the size of the hill you need to climb was demonstrated when - I just could not work out what L/W F1 meant and I had to consult the previous class lists - how sad it that. Which brings me to.......

Having put a new list of past picks going back 8 years and seeing as we are now post hump, perhaps we could decide an order of classes like Class 1 Open Wheel, 2. GT, 3 Road cars .........., at the moment looking back through the list is a bit of a dark art. I will bring in a printed new list in on Thursday and it is also on line.

1001 - 1020 of 1048 Posts