SlotForum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,078 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Score 27 points with a Carrera F1 and you could win a class, and that is what Jim did as he got his evening off to a good start. Keith had forgotten to bring his cars as he thought it was a Bolwextric night. He spent the evening scratching about looking for suitable cars to race. He scored 24 in this class, good enough for runner up.

Jim won Hornby GT with 32, probably should have been a 36 but it was a night of random outrages. Wes was runner up just a point behind.

Tony won Muscle car with 29, from Jim with 25. Tim had us all looking for his missing wheel as his car shed its front axle but the axle as shed had just one wheel. The missing item was later spotted lodged high in its respective wheel arch. Tim completed the class with just 3 wheels but only two of them in contact with the track, Tim thought although the car was a bit rocky, it continued to race at the same pace. Wheels jammed into wheel arches - could this be the new thing?

At break Jim seemed to have everything under control with a winning 84, 12 points clear from Tony. Current series leader, Keith was struggling to find competitive cars and was out of contention - welcome to the club of slow cars Keith
smile.png
Tony is converting the lighting to mainly LED, he was very proud of what has been done so far and told us what was next to get the LED treatment. So for anyone who loved the two noisy strip lights, hard luck they are gone for ever.

RAID - a gift to Tony and an easy full house win. Keith had done a bit of ticklin on one of the party cars and it had come good, so he was runner up with 26. Luke had been doing rather well so far but Raid did not work for him and he crashed out with the nights lowest class score straight from the land of Trigger, of 7.

I was struggling not to finish the evening last, but my offering for Open Open Wheel has always been pretty good (straight of of the box Tim), but after a couple of races way off the pace it turned out the car had upgraded itself to single wheel drive, if that, so rather than making up ground I was struggling to stand still and came last with my worst score of the night. Tim had been getting ever more excited as the class approached, and his "bit special" lived up to its hype, starting with 3 wins, it was down hill after that but Tim just managed to take the class with 28. Tony was runner up with 26.

So at the end of the evening the winner was TONY, he and Jim both finished with 134 but Tony had the extra win. Wes was next with 122. Tim won Clubman with 104. It's new classes for round 6 which is on May 13th, MFR results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
New classes meant new cars on and off the track. Unluckily for Wes 6 of us were there to see him arrive in a HONDA JAZZ, Wes was not happy, but we were. Still at least things couldn't get worse for Wes - or could they? !

First of those new classes was SCX Junior Rally, Tim got off to a dire start finishing the class with the nights lowest score of 7. Meanwhile it was unlucky for an unlucky Wes that things were actually getting worse as he had thought he was coming to a Bolwextric Club and so had no cars with him. There was a selection of party cars available, some good, but not the one Wes picked as he clocked an unlucky 13. Jim won the class comfortably with 33.

Keith was the toast of the class in Ninco Inline GT, 32 got him the win with a huge margin. Despite finishing with a win (a rather noisy lucky break for Tim) it was tail end Tim time as his 13 was the worst score in this class.

The third of the new classes was Lightweight F1, or Cráp F1. Open wheelers are not most peoples favourites, I don't mind them but I got the last of Tony's limited selection, the one rejected by everyone else, those that know about these things said it would be a bugger to drive always tipping over - how right they were. I was soon on target for my worst score of the night, a score that should have seen me last in class. But for others things really were getting worse with Wes coming last. Tony won with 34 the evenings best score.

At the break it was the winning group of Jim 114 closely followed by Keith and Tony, The rest of us were clustered around 50.

Fly Classic was the closest class with Jim winning with 26. Timmy Tapeman came second with an uncharacteristic steady performance to give him 24.

After I easily winning the first race in Open Open, Jim asked me where I had found the car I was using, when I replied in my box, Jim said why had I not used it in the classes on Thursday that had just finished. Truth is I didn't know I could have used it, but I blustered my way out of sounding like a complete numpty by saying it had non standard tyres so wouldn't have qualified. The car must have been good as I went on to win the class easily with 30, with a car that was "as someone says" straight out of the box - my box.

136 was Jim's winning score followed Keith next on 123. My good Open class was enough to bring me to the top of the bottom four and get me best Clubman.

Next round is not until June 10th, meanwhile you can checkout the numbers here.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Round 7 saw the second evening with this set of cars, and the welcome return of Luke to the fray.

SCX Rally saw Jim get off to a racing start with a winning 32, Keith and I were best of the rest on 26. I was using a party car, it seemed pretty good and so it proved but Tony had already had first dabs at the cars, his was a little slower on the straights but I thought it looked better in the corners, somehow Mr T contrived to come last in class with just 12 marks.

My Ninco GT seems to get better and I started the class with a win, Tony and Wes started with 1s', and Jim kicked off with a 2. But the real winner was Keith with all 5s n 6s' he took the nights best score with 33, Jim got on the case to take 2nd with 29.

33 was also managed by Tony as he won Lightweight F1, a healthy win as next was Keith with 25. My Tony car was dire as was Jim's as we both finished with 17.

Keith was leading at the break with 84, next was Jim with 78. Tim was 3rd with 70, there was talk that perhaps he could take the evening and get out of Clubman. Such talk is a curse as I have found out.

Wes won Fly Classics with 31, although Tim was second with 26 he dropped in the rankings as Wes passed him.

In Open Open Keith has no competitive car and this put his slender lead under pressure. Keith did reasonably well even managing a win, but steady work by Mr M meant a decent win for him with 31. Luke had struggled all evening what with coming late to the classes and this class compounded his woes as he clocked the evenings worst score of 8. Better luck next time Luke.

In the end it was Jim that won with 129, Keith was next with 126. Tim did get back at Wes to take 3rd with 124. Tim also won the Clubman. Well done Tim, but remember to finish first, first you have to keep on breathing.

Next round is on the 24th, more info is here.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It was 8 on the line for round 8. The scores contained a single point error that didn't affect the outcome.

Junior Rally was won by Keith with 33, Jim was a point behind.

35 gave Jim the win in Ninco GT, a clear victory as Wes was 2nd with 24.

It was another winning 35 for Jim in Cráp F1. this time followed by Tony with 31.

At the break Jim's total of 102 raised an Ooh! We also sorted out the classes for Series 2, see below. One of those picks, Fly GT, was almost ruled out as being too rare, but Tony rushed round and eventually came up with a clutch of cars that could manage a lap of sorts.

Jim continued on his winning way with 34 in Fly Classic well clear of Tim who managed 25.

I have a pretty good car for Open Open, if I could drive it could do well. By the last race I was starting to get the hang of it, and found myself in the lead, but I was soon being caught, I kept my head as a car came by and then came off, then another car came by me - and crashed out. By about lap 5, 4 cars had decamped the circuit and Geoff, who was already half a lap behind me, declared me the victor. My 25 gave me my best class of the night and got me a distant 2nd place behind Jim and Tim tied on 32.

Jim won the evening with a massive 168, managed without a full house, probably down to his worst scores being of a pair of 4s'. Well done Jim. Keith was runner up with 117. Tim's 111 gave him 3rd spot and also best Clubman. The penultimate round will be on 8th July. MFR results on line.

The class picks for the first part of the next Series are:

1. Caterham.

2. Hornby 85-95 GP.

3. Fly GT.

4. SCX NASCAR.

5. Open Saloon.

·
Registered
617 Posts
8 of us did battle in round 9. With the series nearly done it is in the balance as to who will win Keith or Jim.

Keith fired the first winning shot as he won Junior Rally with 34, Jim second with 31.

30 was another winning hit for Keith in Ninco GT Inline, Jim wasn't 2nd as that honour went to me with 27. I was using my rather garish silver and dayglo offering, this continues to get itself better, a bit of help from a lucky win and a lack of McLaren ace Wes all helped. Needing some help was Tony, who not only came last he achieved the lowest marks of the night Just 11 - WOW.

Jim often refers to Lightweight F! as Cráp F1, he started strongly but his car soon developed a wayward persona leading to Jim finishing last in 3 consecutive races (That has to be a record?). Aptly named eh Jim! Keith finished 11 marks ahead of Jim in second place. Meanwhile up at the top it was Tony with the only full house of the evening - zero to hero...... My car was a real dog, rescued from lurking unloved on the kitchen top the tyres were brick hard. I nicked some off a party car, they were way too wide and could slide about on the rims, Hard cornering could slide a tyre into the body, which did nothing to help the already abysmal progress on the straights. Somehow I finished every race, ending 4th - I think the word is "result".

At break Keith was way out in front with 92, Jim was second but 20 marks behind with me nibbling at his heals just a mark adrift.

It was another win for Tony with 33, followed by Tim with 26, Jim had yet another dire class, to end with me 4 marks ahead of him in the evening stakes.

At last, in the final class, the lion roared, Jim won comfortably with 30, and that should have been a lot more. Tim and I tied for 2nd with 26s', with Tim winning 3 races and me winning none.

A clear win for Keith with 138, Jim and I tied with 118, though he beat me easily with wins. I did manage to win the Clubman with Tim finishing on 109. It was a very happy evening with lots of unexpected action, I must say I really enjoyed myself, considering my sad collection of cars. Not only did I have fun, for once I think a played every strategy call correctly, pushing and hounding whenever I could while settling for what I had if needed. I think I came off once, got knocked out just twice and never got a dreaded "1". If only I could handle my open car.

Following a suggestion by a Mr Keith of Horndean and because the series has reached such an exciting climax I have upgraded the score tables on the web site to show the total scores also adjusted for a round dropped.http://www.bolwextric.co.uk/club/man.html#MFRSC Final exciting round is on July 22nd.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sorry for the late publishing of results which included the series outcome. No blog report either this week. Person to blame - it was NOT Tony!

The final round saw class wins for Jim, Keith, Keith, Wes and Tim with 35 the evenings best score.

Keith won the evening and that also meant that Keith won the series - well done Keith. Also well done to Tim who won Clubman.

All the details are on line starting from MFR results on line.

Series 2 starts on August 5th.

·
Jim Moyes
5,078 Posts
No blog report either this week. Person to blame - it was NOT Tony!
Wellllllll, if Tony had turned up it wouldn't have happened.

So that makes it mostly Tony's fault.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's holiday time, so it was great that we managed 7 racers for round 2.

After some confusion about which class should go first, we decided on Caterham which Jim won with 32 in convincing style. It was clearly going to be a night of accusations with a lot of banter about who tapped who, great fun.

Luke has a good car for 85-95 F1, and with 4 wins he just took the class from Jim with 29, nice work. Geoff in contrast was having a terrible night and had the sad honour of getting by far the lowest class score of the night,

Fly GT is a class whereby a full set of Tony cars is available and about half of us were using them each car staying in its colour lane. This worked pretty well for me as with a bit of luck I even managed a win, all the other wins went to Wes which netted him the only full house of the night, well done Wes.

At the break it was clearly a Jim n Wes evening as they were almost tied, 82 / 81. Apart form Geoff the rest of us were clustered around 60, clearly there was a lot of racing still to be done.

The talk was about Tim's win on the previous Thursday - well done Tim, though he was worried that it didn't really count as there were so few racers. Tim is also winning on honey production, his armies of minions are apparently heading for production of a quarter of a ton this year.

Wes was back from a weekend at Thruxton where regulation changes and iffy weather conspired against the BMWs, in Hondas favour. Young Lee had a great time especially when he spotted his favourite driver in the pits.

In Nascar I somehow ended up using one of Tony's "good" cars, this was after the kitchen shelf car I had picked struggled to make a warm up lap. Really I should have done well but apart from one win I seemed to be the object of target practise by Geoff, which rather dented my best hope of the night. Wes brought himself up level pegging with Jim as he won the class with 32, a point better than Jim. Back in the gravel pack some good steady work by Tim, me not taking advantage and Keith having a disaster class meant the Tapeman was sneaking away towards the podium.

Open Saloon, Wes has a somewhat quick offering in this class, but so it seems has Jim, the battle for the night was clearly going right to the wire. Jim had 4 wins, Wes had the other tree wins but in the end Wes took the class by 2 marks with 32. Jim had an out of character 1, his only of the night, I am sure foul play was to blame but by this stage there was so much uproar with all sorts of squealing, it probably went unnoticed. As for 3rd slot, Tim had a poor class, I had my best class as my ex Donkey offering had enough go to keep clear of Geoff and stay on for some handy marks.

A well earned win for Wes on 145 with Jim 2 behind. Tim hung on to take 3rd overall and win Clubman, well done Tim. Although - was that very sticky honey you were putting on your tyres? With different winners in both classes, this is having the look of an interesting championship. Bring on the next round on September 2nd. Meanwhile, see more MFR results

·
Registered
617 Posts
Jim was clearly going for it as he easily won Caterham class with his first 36 of the night. Most of us ended clustered around 20 apart from Luke who started with the lowest score of the night.

85-95 F1 was closer racing with Tony winning with JUST 27.

Fly GT and Luke scored 28 which was a winning total, Tim was just 2 behind.

Jim was leading at break time with 78. The talk was of Goodwood revival and we did decided the picks for part 2, spurred on by the fact it is Havant swapmeet this Sunday. Wes had given a good reason for his absents, but it was put to me that the result of BTCC may have dulled his spirits. I watched the racing when I got home, as ever Knockhill came up trumps with each race being action packed. Though I can see why Wes may not have been happy with the outcome !

After 4 races in Nascar, Luke put it to me that I was going for a 30 total as I had 4 second place finishes, needless to say it didn't happen as my results took a dive - DOH! The winner with 36 was ------- Jim, Keith his nearest challenge with 26.

My offering for Open Saloon always seems quick when I practice, but it is completely outclassed in the races and I was almost last in class. Jim's 31 should have been another full house, but he suffered a single outrage in his second race.

A clear win for Jim with 145, Keith was next with 115. Both Tim and Luke did getting over the magic ton. Tim's 108 gave him best Clubman. data so far.

PICKS FOR PART 2

1. Hornby WRC

2. SCX GT

3. Truck

4. SCX F1

5. Open Classic

The final round of this part is on the 30th. Meanwhile don't forget Havant on Sunday, 22nd of September:-. https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187759

·
Registered
617 Posts
Were said hello to 2 new racers for round 5. One was Paul who used to race with us in the early days, welcome back Paul. Also with Paul was Simon, welcome to the Bolwextric Clubs Simon. Paul and Simon both race regularly with Gosport Club, some of you know Paul as he runs the excellent Havant Swapmeet.

The only full house of the night was set by Jim with his 36 in Caterham class.

In Hornby 85-95 GP Luke set the pace with 32.

Fly GT was another 32 win, this time for Keith.

At break Jim had his head in the clouds with 72, Tony was next with 80.

Tony let me have his best car for the Nascar class, But I failed to capitalise on that winning only in the red lane and getting 2 silly 1s'. While I was being silly Jim was winning the class with 33.

I ended my poor night by throwing my offering for Open class down the road a couple of times. When I could have been getting 4s and 5s. Jim won with 32 that should have been a 36.

A clear win for Jim with 156, Luke was next with 121 which also netted him best Clubman. Well done Luke and Jim.

The next round with new classes is on Oct 14th. Meanwhile here are the total scores so far.

·
Jim Moyes
5,078 Posts
At break Jim had his head in the clouds with 72, Tony was next with 80.
Have I been missing the deliberate mistakes lately Will?

So you've had to make them a bit easier for me!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Gosh, that was an easy one, at least you spotted it, now I can move on to something a bit more taxing for you - keep your eyes peeled.

Sentence should have read:-

At break Jim had his head in the clouds with 91, Tony was next with 80.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Round 6, that meant new classes, enjoyed 8 racers, while Wes was sunning himself in the Canary Islands.

Keith was in a hurry as he was hoping to finish a bit earlier than usual,, he wasted no time hurrying along to get 34 and the win in Hornby WRC.

In SCX GT no one could get near Luke as he cruised to a 32 win.

Jim was the Toast of Truck class, his full house was miles ahead of anyone else. Tony didn't really line up the Yorkie Bars as he got just 6 - yes, not a typo SIX!

At the break Jim was leading with 90, Keith was just 3 away. No time for chat as we pressed on, before Keith walked out the door. Not before everyone told me to watch BTCC final round from Brands, to keep me in suspense some said Wes would have been glad to miss it, while others said he would have been happy to watch, I will find out tonight hopefully.

36 for Jim in SCX F1, pretty well sealed it for Jim.

Keith scored a winning 31 in Open Classic but so also did Jim.

Winner for the night was Jim with 157, Keith did well finishing just 10 away. £rd was Luke with 115 he also won the Clubmans and is doing rather well in the Clubmans series - well done Luke. We were all out the door early as Keith rushed back to work

Next round is on 28th October. MFR results on line.

·
Registered
617 Posts
10 racers for round 7, our numbers boosted by a new member, Alex. Alex lives in Petersfield and works in central London, he wanted to try out one of the Bolwextric Clubs as he had enjoyed some parties at MFR. Welcome to the Club Alex. Alex got off to a good rooky start scoring over 50 on his first night.

Jim was headed for a 36 in Hornby WRC but an outrage in his last race meant the class was his with "only" 33. Tony lent me a 4WD Focus, he said it was good, if so I never really got to grips with it, it was quick enough to stay in front of the middle order but on several occasions it just came out for no apparent reason - except perhaps me!

36 was Wes's winning score in SCX GT. A healthy win as Jim was next with 27. My Corvette seemed to get results and I had some good races with Keith and we both ended on 26. It seems that nothing is going to catch Wes in this class.

A yellow peril walked away with it scoring 36 in Trucks, Tim had the bright monster which he insisted was out of the box as is. He said he was going to meddle with it to make it quicker, some of us hoped he will as he can only mess it up. New boy Alex got his highest score with 17 beating 4 others including Tony. Trucks are usually good for me I can often win a couple of races due to just hanging in there, but on this night it was my worst class.

At break it was shaping up for a 4 way scrap, the scores 86, 84, 83 & 82 being clocked by Wes then Keith, Tim & Jim.

It was Tony's turn to get a full house in SCX F1, I was in a bit of a tizz as the party best green cars were either taken or at the menders, legend has it that all the others were rubbish, Tony told me which one to try and by golly it was pretty good, even managing runner under my shaky control.

I was using Sandy's Alfa in Open Classic, it is still great to drive and always does its best but in an Open class it at best steady, it got me a evenly mixed bag of 3s & 4s. Both Tim and Keith took 4 wins with Tim just winning with 33.

After an evening with some good racing Keith was winner with 142, Jim was next 10 behind. Tim with 129 was 3rd and also won Clubman. Congratulations to Alex who scored 54 on his first night, that is a good initial score.

Next round is on November 11th meanwhile here are more MFR results.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Round 8 saw a big drop in racers and in temperatures. 6 of us raced on 5 lanes and racer who was last at the break got to pick the class to run again to make it 6 classes for the evening.

Jim won WRC with 22, it probably should have been a full house of 25, but this was going to be an evening where nothing could be taken for granted.

SCX GT and Truck classes saw more wins for Jim.

Keith bucked the trend with not just a win in SCX F1 but also the evenings only full house.

At the braek Jim had a good lead over Keith with 77. A had been dicing with Wes and Luke in many races, we were in adjacent lanes and we indulged in some great three side by side racing, inevitably this did result some outrages, with Wes as one of the protagonists did get a bit noisy. All good fun though. I have been struggling with these classes and so I was last as I had been since the second class. My choice for the final repeat class was easy. SCX F1 was the only class I had a car that could actually win a race on pace rather than luck. Tim groaned at my choice he had been having a terrible evening, even not winning trucks where his new out of the box offering was the toast of the field, SCX F1 was his worst class.

24 was Jim's winning score in the final class. Meanwhile I continued my feud with my neighbours and we finished the class with 12,13 & 14, the 14 was mine. Meanwhile Tim's night went from bad to worse as he could only manage a full house - of 1s'.

122 was Jim's winning total for the evening followed by Keith on 109. Luke was best Clubman. I was on a high as I finished the evening not last. That meant Tim came last, a bit of a comedown as he won Clubman in the previous round.

MFR results can be seen here, and the next round is on the 25th.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Plenty of rain and plenty of racers at the penultimate round of this series.

Looked like it was going to be another winning night for Jim as he kicked things off with a full house win in WRC, Keith was next on 30.

SCX GT saw Keith score another 30, it would have been enough for a win had not Wes snuck in with 31, which probably should have been a full house.

Tim has a new rig that should win every time in Truck class, but not tonight, the truck was going great but Tim had given his fancy controller and it's box a makeover, this made things much more responsive - too much more responsive and Tim struggled to keep the show on the road. Tim still took the win with 33 followed by Keith with 33. There were big tears elsewhere as Tony could not keep his truck planted and managed the impressive feat of a full house of 1s' !

At break it was all about Jim and Keith with Keith holding a 3 point lead. We picked new classes for the next series - see below. Tony also said he is planning to run every Monday over the Christmas as they fall well clear of any bank holidays.

Tony stated after the break with another full house, this time it was of the winning kind as he shot to a winning 36 in SCX F1. Keith on 32, was carrying on with his runner up portfolio, which was looking like a good investment. Tim had a disastrous class and this bought him down pretty well level with Luke and I, we were all in the low 80s - it was going to be a tense final class us for us as we fought for best Clubman.

Tim went pretty well in Open Classic and despite finishing the evening with a 1 he managed to beat both Luke and I. Up at the front Keith project carried on with another 32, but this time it was a winning investment, beating Jim's effort by a point.

Well done to Keith and Tim for winning their classes with 155 and 108. The final round is on December 9th. With just that round to go, the respective class winners look secure, but 2nd place in Clubman looks like it could get a bit un-Christmassy betwixt Tim and I. check out the series points.

CLASS PICKS FOR MFR 2020 SERIES 1:

1. Hornby BTCC.

2. Ninco Vintage.

3. Carrera GT.

4. Hornby Narrow F1.

5. Open Open Wheel.

·
Jim Moyes
5,078 Posts
The final round is on December 9th. With just that round to go, the respective class winners look secure, but 2nd place in Clubman looks like it could get a bit un-Christmassy betwixt Tim and I. check out the series points.
yikes.gif
Will - the master of subterfuge!
tongue.png

My reading of the Clubman scores has Luke with a very shaky lead. Both Tim and Will have a full score still to register, but Luke can only increase by 4 points. I think a three way tie is even quite possible.

"Don't worry Luke! You've got this in the bag." Will "Donald" Brown
lmfao.gif

1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts