SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I agree with Scott. That point not only applies to this thread but elsewhere too. To go on pulling this apart is boring and damaging in my opinion. I suggested that SF adopts a more professional approach to reviews and I stand by that. Better still I`m gonna do one. I`ve said before you need to settle on a criteria as a basis of assessment as that`s what a review translates to. Needs to be objective. I`m sorry but I don`t need too much of an expert opinion from any `expert` concerning dimensions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I`ll always wait til I see the car in the flesh. I want a review to tell me about the model and how it performs based on a proper assessment, this is very much what NSCC Brian asks.

The thought that someone wants to take a measure using callipers on a toy slot car is crackers and defines an approach to this hobby that I want no part of. Aaron and others are justified in stating that there is a level of Fly bashing because there is a lot going on,not just here, and it is not deserved.

I`ve written reviews for the NSCC and then free raffled the cars (every one) to the club and made it plain the car was donated by the distibutor. Nuro `s policy made clear to me by e mail, is that SF wil not accept freely donated models from anywhere thus retaining complete independance. We all buy enough cars so that shouldn`t be a problem then

I agree completely with Aarons point concerning reading the posts properly.It`s good advice and I am as guilty as any for shooting from the hip and then get fed up when my posts are misinterpreted. The written word isn`t always the best way to convey opinions but I feel a positive approach by enthusiasts with no hidden agenda is good enough for me.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
To answer your question regarding the examples you set out...yes they are all toys. What they cost matters not. There should not be a problem with using the toy word or have a stigma about playing. It reduces stress and is healthy human behaviour and lets face it a lot cheaper than real motor racing. Oh how I know that to be true.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You have just highlighted one of my main concerns concerning `giving up`. That`s part of the reason for my posting in the last couple of days. We are part of an organisation and should be proud of SF and I believe, to misquote JFK...

"Don`t ask what Slot Forum can do for you but ask what can you do for Slot Forum?"

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Nice Logo mate! You`ll see that elsewhere someone posted that the 934 did Rally! Oh no
Thought you may have changed your name to Biker Tim after the Toyfair experience. You are trhe only guy I know of who has actually played with them.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The only negative point concerning the NSCC that I could find outlined a poor response and lack of reviews forthcoming, during a certain time frame. That has been accepted and admitted and that`s that put to bed. If you run an outfit you have to do it properly. At a certain stage the NSCC did not perform but that period is past. Move on and I believe we here can learn from that experience too.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Don`t think people want to stifle any comments but think that we should have some kind of standard here? After all It`s about mutual respect and you stand a better chance of a manufacturer listening if you approach them from a position of strength,i.e. they believe we are being helpful and not just `bashing`. The outcome of the Daytona discussions produced a balanced review, well worth reading and has set for me a standard to follow.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
To be straight with you I`m ok with most of that. There are so many different views posted here it`s obvious we will never get agreement so that style suits me and I can find the rest out for myself. Have bought one so and now just want to get it running better non mag. So far it does exactly what Fly said it would on he box and I reckon it`s a great car.The CSL is even better!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I agree but doesn`t this belong on the other topic `What can GM do for you?`
I only say that cos I`m old and confused

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Any body or group of Slotties with a positive attitude regarding feedback will be taken seriously as well intentioned. That was my point regarding reviews and feedback. We are a good source but represent a small portion of the buying public,i.e. I`m one of three or four Phoenix club members on SF of a total membership of 235 members.

I wouldn`t want to get too carried away wuth the word `expert` but as we are a varied and diverse group we do cover a lot of ground between us.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It`s not many Aaron, it`s a few. Don`t lose heart as your efforts are appreciated. To date you have been very helpful.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Some good points there Peter, well said.

We can`t agree on anything here. The group is so diverse and opinions are so varied that it`s impossible to make head way. The more something is pushed, the more heated it becomes and people behave as though their reputations depend upon being proven right or wrong? Madness. We are talking about Toys/hobby/collecting/racing . There are some very clued up people here but to tell someone that you know his job better than he does is always going to end in tears! Strikes me that a lot of people want to improve things and have good intentions, I`ve been saying for days that we should be careful about how we communicate to the manufacturers. Aaron is a good lad, he wants to help but it strikes me he is in a difficult position and it reminds me of my former career spent largely in some very tight situations for which one is normaly awarded a medal or two!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.