SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
QUOTE Big boys or not - some will behave irrationally on occasion.

I would agree with Peter on that. For example, is it rational for Fly to refuse to produce open-wheel cars? It's the owner's decision because he hates them, but is it rational from a business viewpoint for a company of Fly's stature to ignore any segment of the slot car market? I'm sure others in the industry have made irrational, if somewhat less obvious, decisions too. Personalities often get in the way of perfect business sense.

550rs: MicroSoft?? Oh no....how many reboot jokes can we handle?

I agree though. How many vehicles (no pun intended
) are really in place that allow slot manufacturers more effective access to feedback than the forums? ...especially this one.
Even if we represent a small percentage of total consumers, we are also on the high side of product knowledge. In the world of 1:1 cars, the voice of enthusiasts has always been regarded by most makers at a level that exceeds their market share. Why should it be different with slot cars?

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Aaron, I have been told by more than one source that Fly's owner has stated that he won't make open-wheel cars (F1, for example) simply because he personally dislikes them. If you know differently, please speak up! I used that only as an example of firms making decisions that may not reflect optimum business sense. While he has every right to produce whatever he wants, it doesn't follow that the business is better for it.

I would love to see what Fly could do with F1 cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.