SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

TOYOTA Celica twin Cam turbo Olympus Rally 1986

The models portrayed are the three Toyota disputed the 1986 Olympus rally, and reached fourth place with Lars-Erik Tohrp, the fifth with Bjorn Waldegard and abandonment by Steve Millen accident. Offered in two ways, in a set with all three cars and the car individually Bjorn Waldegard. In both cases, there is provided a car's shirt reproduced, with each of the two options.

This model is a car of resin Maralic RTR brand, manufactured in Spain and with a circulation of one hundred units in twenty-five individual reference in version "set" and is part of the collection vehicles from group B brand.

The models are faithful reproductions of the three cars that competed in the rally said, and reflect every detail of exterior and interior, where you can see perfectly the pilots Length, dash, roll bars, etc.

The chassis is handmade, and like the model reproduces the rear traction.

Order this week and shipping from next week.

TOYOTA CELICA TURBO TWIN CAM (TA64) 1986 Olympus Rally
REF: C-1201

Unjustly forgotten, the Toyota Celica Twin Cam is part of the history of rallying in his time more golden. Without being a technologically cutting-edge car, learned to deal with all European cars based on strength and power.

The form shown is that dispute the Olympus Rally in 1986, piloted by Bjorn Waldegard, and finished fifth. It's a car made of resin, with a print run of 100 numbered units. The model also provides a shirt of that car.

Price: 155 €

"SET" TOYOTA CELICA TURBO TWIN CAM (TA64) 1986 Olympus Rally
REF: C-1202

September formed by the three cars that competed for the Olympus Rally in 1986, and were piloted by Bjorn Waldegard and Fred Gallagher, Lars-Erik Bo Tohrp and Thorszelius, and finally Steve Millen and Hans Thorszelius.

This set is limited to an edition of 25 numbered pieces. This reference also provides a shirt of that car.

Price: 420 €

More information: www.maralic.com

·
Kitbasher
4,296 Posts
Nice, pricey, too wide?

I don't remember these being that wide back in the day but I might be thinking of the Nissan 240RS

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Looks very wide, how does it compare to the 1:1?
Not sure why anyone would buy a box of three? Perhaps there are 25 well off Celica fans out there?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 19 Feb 2012, 16:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice, pricey, too wide?

I don't remember these being that wide back in the day but I might be thinking of the Nissan 240RS

Looks about spot on to me.

Both the Celica and the Nissan 240Rs were "roomy around the hips".

I wish I had the money! I love the TTE Celicas.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
the Celica before this type was way smaller and more round

a 86

a

the 86 lost the cute ass of its predecessor

only thing I dont like on the slotcar version is the plastic looking hubs, all the rest looks great to me (bit out of my league anyway)

·
Kitbasher
4,296 Posts
QUOTE the Celica before this type was way smaller and more round

er NO, way later and Ahem Front wheel drive (spit)

QUOTE he 86 lost the cute ass of its predecessor
I would have to conceed the mini mustang Celica was Veeeeerrrryyy Prutty!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
At that price even I'm not buying one.

Curious that they have chosen the Olympus Rally (only round of the WRC ever held in the USA) as these cars won the Safari for three years on the trot.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
First, I want to congratulate the maker of the car for his craft and taste.

Second, it is just too expensive for me (in the sense that one can buy many other great things for this money). Every time I bought a car this expensive I always ended up regretting it. They do not run in a way comparable to my other cars and I do not care about having a car to just look at it.

I do hope though that someone will do this car at least as a kit, because it is a must in any rally collection.

·
Registered
577 Posts
155 Euros and it comes with PLASTIC GEARS AND WHEELS?!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I will not buy one, because the shape of the body is for me not realistic enough.
The front screen does not match with the side windows and the width looks also overdone.

rallyhub

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Looks great, tremendous detail but for that money I'd want Slot.it or NSR running gear. It might eat into there margins slightly, but theyd sell an awful lot more!
Maybe its an Italy V Spain thing, if so there are MSC and Scaleauto bits they could use...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts