Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a few Can am bodies from Victor at Truescale, and included in the box was this March 717 Can am. As it is unavailable from any other manufacturer, I decided to start with it.

I am trying to source the correct decals, and am building some tall anodised blue aluminum injector stacks, as well as sorting all the other bits needed (rollbar, mirrors, transmission detail etc.), but I thought I would post a few pics. of the finished chassis.

Cheers
Chris Walker

·
Registered
968 Posts
Excellent, Chris !

Keep showing how you do the details that you mentioned.

And do you have other photos of your Lola t163 (chassis, body details, which driver maker, which wheels, tires and wheel inserts) ?

Congratulations !

Best regards.

André Acker.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up,

I think this is very clever actually !!.

Look at the details.

The truncated side rods for front axle support; the side pan control; this is all very 1970's,

The use of the Slotit pod is practical, Are those Mr Slot "foam washers" ??.

but, don't you just love that short section of rectangular brass tube for motor lead management ??!!.

Nice one, vbr Chris A.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Thats a very tidy chassis Chris,

Love the ways you've tidied up all the soldered joints too.

Simon

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (andre acker @ 31 Jan 2012, 18:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent, Chris !

Keep showing how you do the details that you mentioned.

And do you have other photos of your Lola t163 (chassis, body details, which driver maker, which wheels, tires and wheel inserts) ?

Congratulations !

Best regards.

André Acker.

Andre, The Lola T163 is a Truesports body on a scratchbuilt chassis. I found the driver in my parts box..(I think it is a modified Fly figure), wheels are BWA, inserts are BWA lola, and the tires are Ortmann.

Cheers
Chris Walker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts