SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
March 721 by Scalextric was a very good representation of the original car. But my eyes were always drawn to the join in the top and bottom body parts. I suppose the car was a shape you either loved or hated. All cars were very different back then.

Lets see if the gap can be re-worked using as much as the original car as possible.

IMG_1688 2.jpg

A quite unique shape from an era where we were fortunate enough to have different looking cars.

Design it, build it, drive it, see if it works.

IMG_1687 2.jpg

Rear and front wings are plasticard. I intended building the Ronnie Peterson car from Argentina GP 1972

IMG_1703 2.jpg

That means having the extended stalk mirrors. strengthening added to that now flimsy underpan. Hopefully be ok when all screwed together.

IMG_1704 2.jpg

IMG_1690 2.jpg

IMG_1689 2.jpg

The screen is made by Graeme Tout from Australia, thanks must also go to Owen H for ordering items from Australia at the same time to share postage etc. with me. Great hobby this, you not only have the model cars (building, racing etc.) but also make great acquaintances and friends from all over the world. Thanks for the Mirrors and driver head also Graeme.

I built the superb kiit of the March 721X by Penelope Pitlane with the same mirrors arrangement.

IMG_1689 2.jpg

I made some of the decals myself.

IMG_0006 2.jpg

IMG_0008 2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
Very nice job done on there rebuild.
Kudos
Bob

·
re member
4,097 Posts
Great hobby this, you not only have the model cars (building, racing etc.) but also make great acquaintances and friends from all over the world.
My thoughts entirely...

Great work on the car too by the way.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Great build/mod.

I appreciate your reference to being fortunate to belong to an era of variation, i think aerodynamics in their formative years gave us some wonderfully different shapes, and love it or not, at very least you can tell one car from another,

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thanks for showing us those models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts