SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’ve just finished another couple of 70’s classics
The March decals are from Pattos in Aus
The Wolf decals are from indycals - the “gold” is a sand colour - more desert fox than wolf ! Which is a shame as the rest are really good
However hopefully help is at hand as I have sent one of each to Kevin to work his magic 👍
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The March 751 is based on a Fly 761 "reversed engineered" to be a year younger 😉
I have had the pattos decals in an envelope for a few years and thought I had better get round to using them

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
They are looking good Simon. ;)

Unfortunately, theses two are on my list for after a Tyrrell 012, Tyrrell 014, Fittipaldi F5A, Fittipaldi F6 and Lotus 81!!!!!! o_O
But I will get there!!

Keep them coming!
Philip

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
An attractive pair of models - good to see.
I successfully made some gold stripe decals by spraying white decal paper with gold paint, then printing the fine red stripes on clear decal paper. That would work for the Wolf stripes. I haven’t tried running the painted paper through the printer, though, so I don’t know if I could make the gold-on-black lettering.
Mike
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Fantastic pair of models of 70's classics. :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Must say this has created a quandary for me.
That Wolf.
Off the top of my head there are the 77 and 78 Scheckter versions, the 78 Rahal Version
and the Theodore Racing/Rosberg 78 version.
Not to mention the fact that Kevin Oz is so comprehensive with his products and does some AFX British F1 liveries....

I have two 70s Polistil bodies I was going to sort out and try to find more but given the known quality of Simon's
products looks like I have my work cut out.

And as for the 751. I am a big Tambay fan and can see the potential for a mod into a few F2 March 752s! Not to mention Villeneuve Brambilla and Rahal F Atlantics!

Gonna need a second life! Either that or retire early......

Really appreciate these being out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts