SlotForum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Pues esperas bien, porque a mi sí que me gusta. Y en Montjuic, aún más.
De que es una decoración "sencilla"... es la que llevaba. Nos guste o no, no se debería añadir o quitar nada.
Esta bien ver detalles que pasan desapercibidos, como el refrigerador de frenos y las dos varillas de refuerzo del alerón anterior.
Pero ¿porqué esa varilla diagonal en los radiadores laterales?

Well, you wait well, because I do like it. And in Montjuic, even more.
That it's a "simple" decoration... it's the one I was wearing. Whether we like it or not, nothing should be added or taken away.
It's nice to see details that go unnoticed, like the brake cooler and the two reinforcement rods from the previous wing.
But why that diagonal rod on the side radiators?

Salut
Frederic
I guess that the chassis ended at the bulkhead behind the driver and the radiators are hung from the bulkhead. The Cosworth engine usually carries its own weight and the weight of the suspension and gearbox, but the radiators don’t seem to be supported by the engine. The diagonal rods are probably to take the load of the weight of the radiator from the rear back to the chassis at the bulkhead.

Supongo que el chasis terminó en el mamparo detrás del conductor y los radiadores se colgan del mamparo. El motor Cosworth generalmente lleva su propio peso y el peso de la suspensión y la caja de cambios, pero los radiadores no parecen ser compatibles con el motor. Las varillas diagonales probablemente deben tomar la carga del peso del radiador de la parte trasera hacia el chasis en el mamparo.
saludos, Mike

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Great job.............Couple of questions if I may ??? Where did you get the scale blueprints and also, the BRM alongside looks fabulous, so any details on that ????

Cheers
Hi,orton.

Thanks for your interest. Here’s a link to my BRM P201: Betta & Classic BRM P201

Blueprints are an interesting topic……. I did an internet images search for ‘1975 March 751 blueprints’ and turned up a few 751s and 761s, generally with no scale on them. Lacking a real car to measure, I used a combination of them, photos and help from forum members and then created my own hybrid 1/32 scale version. Since F1 wheels are generally all the same size, I used them as the main guide to scale. I would be happy to email you the March (and the P201 if you want) if you PM me.

Mike

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I'm so impressed with your skills in creating a lovely looking and unusual Formula One car and livery. So much work has obviously gone into it. I come to a complete standstill sometimes too even though the problems that are stopping my progress absolutely fade into insignificance when compared to some of the issues that you are trying to navigate. Looks great.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts