SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Tony,

I will be there, however I may not make it until about 8:25pm as my wife won't be home from work until 8pm. If I can get a baby sitter then I will get there earlier.

I don't know what time the F1 heats will finish and I may be too late anyway but I wondered if Al can schedule me in to the last 4 heats with his new spreadsheet. If not I will just run in Mod.

I have now wired my F40 body to the chassis so the $%£&"$ thing doesn't keep falling off
. I have also fitted that gold magnet kit to Bob's turbo with a lighter body and lower tyres so I'm keen to see how that goes too.

Looking forward to it as usual.

Jim

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deane,

No pics as yet but I can send you some later. I have drilled a small hole in the body just about where others have the screw fitted. The wire is looped under a couple of lugs on the chassis either side of the motor, they are then twisted together and poked through the hole in the body and folded flat. It doesn't look any worse than a screw head (in my opinion). I didn't alter the chassis in any way.

I will take some pics tonight.

Jim

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Sounds very clever (and EAHORC legal). Top stuff that man.

I really felt for you at the end of the Mod final in the latest EAHORC video by the way. OK, you were not as prostrate as Tony at Kesgrave (who did it twice and still won!) but I could see your were gutted. Whilst it is great for the neutrals the fact that EAHORC races are so close and so intense, it does mean some very close races are going to produce some hearbreak in with the joy...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To tell the truth I was really gutted (as you can tell from the video). John and Tony drove great races and were piling on the pressure at the end. The pressure told and I crumbled like a rookie! I think I might just have held on if the body hadn't come off though. After that I was thinking all the way home how I could secure the body. Tony very kindly offered to find me a chassis with the required hole. I thought about the wire last night which means I can keep the chassis I know is fast. I will test it at SCHORC next week. I will be back at EAHORC next season

Jim

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
That is good to hear.

Obviously I am hopeful that Tony will continue to provide the SCHORC bus for meetings. The thread about the one for June seems to have gone though, even though I got an email telling me he had posted in it.

Good luck with the F40. I suspect if it works it will be copied!! It was good on Sunday to see a Walpole Marchon still out there after all these years

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As requested below are some pictures of my attempt to secure the body of my F40 to the Marchon chassis while keeping it legal to race in mod at EAHORC meets. Please note this is untested at this point. I am planning to let my lad drive it round my track this weekend which should result in some big crashes. If it stays on through that I will consider it a success!

Test results will follow this weekend.

·
Kitbasher
4,286 Posts
Hi - where can I get hold of one of those shells? I collect F40 slotcars and i have a couple of spare HO chassis kicking about...

Ta in advance

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leet you cheeky git, not my finest work i'll admit but it looks ok from a distance... if you squint.... when it's moving!

I put it in hot water to try and re shape the shell so it fitted tighter but all that seemed to do was to take the gloss finish off the paint work.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Initial testing has proved successful with the body staying in place after some normal crashes. After a couple of really big crashes the body was slightly dislodged (is that a word?) but still attached. Race meet tomorrow night is the acid test.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts