SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been visiting forums like this one for a few years and one thing that I've always relied on was after I was gone for a set period of time, say 60 minutes (randomly chosen number) then I come back to the forum, all the posts from my last visit would be marked as 'read'. I'm not seeing that anymore and it confuses me. I tried using the 'mark forum as read' option at the top of the page but it keeps kicking me back to the main page so I have to click back in to continue onto the next forum.

I just checked in My Controls and didn't see an option to make all threads marked as read after a visit. Is there anyway of doing this? Either that or setting a cookie on my box that automatically sets all forums as read after I've been away from the site for an hour or something like that.

Some threads don't interest me so I don't read them. When I come back the next day they're still marked as new threads since they were unread.

Does any of what I've said make sense?

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You could clear out your cookies and let the board set new ones. Go to the forum home and click the delete cookies link above the board stats. Then physically delete any other SlotForum cookies in the cookie jar on your computer. Then let SlotForum set new ones, by making sure your browser accepts cookies.

When you leave the forum you can, if you like, click: Mark all posts as read

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, there's the problem, I didn't scroll down far enough to see those two hyperlinks. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts