SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a 64 and later on a 62 PV544, and if I saw the HO version I would be hard pressed to tell you what it was supose to be. Is the white point version a vac body ? As for the real cars , they are a unit construction meaning welded box section metal frame and my 64 had rusted so much, I had to get the front end supports welded up so it wouldn't collapse. Eventually sold it for enough to buy that Marusan, but I didn't .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks Bernard, I actually had the 64 up to 100mph but didn't dare do more. It had something like 144,000 miles on it when the fiber timing gear exploded taking out the aluminum cover. I was only going 75 mph at the time. Decided to rebuild the motor and found the pistons still in factory specs due to a special design of spring steel cast into the wrist pin boss on the pistons. Had lots of fun with that car , drove it across Canada, sea to sea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.