Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about 1/32 Marx slot cars. I just won two 1950's marx cars on ebay for $20. Any knowledge would be appreciated!!!

·
Administrator
9,645 Posts
Depends what you want to know!

Marx did at least a couple generations of cars, none of which were very interesting! The first ones were two Vanwall like F1 cars, in about 1/40 scale, made in Hong Kong. Cute, in a toy-like way.

Then they went to a more 1/30 - 1/32 scale, but with very boxy sports and Indy cars, with a reduction geartrain if I remember correctly. The pickups were set much further apart than all other 1/32 sets so they weren't compatible with anything.

They did do, however, a very Dali-like Maserati Birdcase and Ferrari sports car, which had a little more character than the Indy and other cars (Mercedes, E-Jag, etc.). Some of these came with a gadget on the gears that made "engine" noises...

They were pretty widely distributed because of the Marx name, and because they were also sold under the Sears brand (as was Strombecker and maybe a few more brands).

Marx also did HO sets, and one in 1/24, which is pretty widely sought because of the wider track. The cars were a Ferrari GTO and Chaparral 2, not very well reproduced, but better than the 1/32 models. They also did a 1/24 Lotus and Ferrari F1, which I find interesting just because they're there!

hope that helps
Don

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a bunch the cars i won were old vintage indy cars if you know anywhere to find marx parts or cars please tell me it would be very helpful
!!!

·
Administrator
9,645 Posts
Keep checking on ebay - lots of Marx! Just looking at a couple random auctions yesterday, there may be more interest than I thought, but the prices weren't too high. You should be able to pick up lots of track, parts & cars for little money.

Try a google search too, for Marx slot cars, you might find either a dealer who has a bunch of parts, or maybe a site with more info. This would be more on a toy and/or Marx site than a slot car site.....

good luck,
Don

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a bunch of Marx cars from various eras. They are all horrible, so I love them!

I haven't found a source of spares, although I think there are at least 2 sources of silicone tires for them. Best way I found was just to buy a bunch, and sooner or later you wind up with an almost mint car; a composite of many!

Don't be expecting them to run on your Scaley track though.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two things are the cars worth anything? and is there any chance they will work on a scaley sport track? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts