SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Hi,

Here's a Thingie made by Marx in 1967. The car has a 1/24th scale vac body. The chassis is the one they used on their four earlier 1/24th scale cars but with extensions so the vac body could fit. This was a prototype that never went into production. Giraud is where they made & tested all prototypes.

Thanks,
Bernard Sampson

·
Administrator
9,910 Posts
Thanks Bernard; of all the things I've seen on ebay over the last 14 years, these Marx Thingies had to be one of the most amazing! Who'd a thunk it? But I guess, based on the Marx archives that have surfaced, they tried just about anything and everything!

Did the others all have this chassis too? Thought I remembered a different one, maybe sidewinder...

Also, I believe that's Girard, not Giraud, but where is it???

Don

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sampson,

What a rare thingie indeed! That is a collector's dream!

Here are photos of the Marx Thingies from my archives found in threads and so forth but not in my possession (unfortunetly)!

-Max

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah Max , those Marx cars belong to my friend George , from Tasmania , Australia . He collected them a while back ! The all blue car is the same body as Bernard's car , after looking at its profile ! The other Marx cars George has , I have never seen before , and are a mystery ! Bernard's car is magnificent in all detail - love it ! Zig

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Joel , if you contact Nostalgic ( George ) . He is the owner of the 2 Marx bodies. He should be able to assist you . George is a good guy. Zig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts