Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity I just bought this 1/32 resin kit from Scale Models (via eBay):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200689096877?ssP...984.m1439.l2649

Receiving the kit was a very pleasant surprise, as I find it better than most other Maserati 250F shells I have in my collection. Indeed I could use two more of these kits, but unfortunately no manufacturer is known, as the pieces just came in a clear plastic bag.

Neither Pre-Add nor GP Body Kits gave me any help on the www.

Can anyone help me out here? Please....

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Graham - thanks. Mac Pinches is not known to me at all. Are his - or their - kits still available on the market? Or on the black/collectors market?

mINdAt3z(?) - surely my skills can and will not live up to this fine kit.

/Holger

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Hi Holger,

All Mac's cars can be found on Mark Gussin's site. They were lovely but limited run and Mac, having made all these beauties and help found the Early Bird meeting, has decided to spend most of his time building boats now!

I've got a few - ERA R1B, BRM P25, Lancia D50. Lovely things, all of them! I never got the earlier 250F before Mac packed up his tools - you're a lucky bloke!

Series 1 1934-39

Series 2 1950-51

Series 3 2.5 litre cars

Series 4 2.5 litre cars

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't think Mac makes his fine shells anymore. You do still spot the odd one around like the one you have found-if you see any snap them up!
TED...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Driver #8 + TED - thanks. What a pity these shells or kits are not available any longer. As mentioned earlier I need two more Masers... desperately!

Anyway, there are two others still on sale on eBay. Not cars I am searching for, but please see below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-GP-Re...=item2eba37c346

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scalextric-GP-Re...=item2eba37c337

According to the kit photos on Mark Gussin´s site I miss the wind screen for my kit, but somehow I think I can manage.

/Holger

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohhh no.... the two resin kits mentioned above are from Penelope Pitlane. Sorry, my fault.

Big mistake!

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Holger
when i saw derek cooper last he had a few pre add bodies
Might be worth trying him or phil smith

Cheers tony

·
Registered
576 Posts
QUOTE (circuittaps @ 29 Dec 2011, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mac Pinches is not known to me at all. Are his - or their - kits still available on the market? Or on the black/collectors market?
Ouch! Where have you been in the last decade? Are you sure you´re into slot car racing?
Mac P is a true legend in this business, and a honoured member of this forum almost since the very beginning (september 2003). Also contributing with a posting account more than three times your own. Show a little respect, please...

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
QUOTE (Chapman @ 29 Dec 2011, 19:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Show a little respect, please...

Perhaps you should heed your own advice

Hi Holger, indeed mac's bodies are no longer in production, I think he stopped in 2005-2006, the only other resin body supplier I know who does similar cars is PP and you already know them.

PS. You got a great deal on the body, they were only that price when readily available they are very sought after now.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tony - thanks for the advise. I know Phil - at least in Cyberspace - so I will try him.

Chapman - if I have offended anybody I kindly ask you to accept my apology. I have been into slot car racing the last 15 years or so, but only into the resin world the last 5. I am sorry to say, but Mr. Mac Pinches does not have the status of a legend here in Denmark as far as I know. But other fellow slot car maniacs from my home land may correct me here. But his works looks fabulous, so I am sorry he isn´t.

Marlon - I am glad that I finally - after all these years - seems to have made a good deal on eBay....

/Holger

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can look on the net for the old Strombecker Maserati 250F which is the same year as the Pre Ad body if you want them in plastic. They do turn out pretty good when you show the some love. Here is one I redone with some of it's burn victim brothers ( both of the shells had been doused with lighter fluid and set afire at some time ?) in the background that were remodeled to look like other cars of the period. We race these cars in our club and having a field of 8 or ten red cars got to be a bit much at times. Ken

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Moose, You mean you've never set fire to a model car/boat/plane/train???

Our favourite pasttimes when we were in our young teens were:

1.Strip down slotcars, fix motor to balsawood, add wires and propellor for round the pole flying.

2.Stuff flammable material into plane/boat, douse with cellulose dope, ignite and launch.

3.Set model railway track to extreme gradients to see who's loco could climb it.

4. Turn bicycle over, put into highest gear and see how fast we could get the wheel to rotate.

Injuries included lascerations, singed hair, bruises, minor burns and the loss of much skin!

Three summers we spent doing this, eventually we progessed to Motorbikes and Rally cars...............

All good honest fun!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (Chapman @ 29 Dec 2011, 19:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ouch! Where have you been in the last decade? Are you sure you´re into slot car racing?
Mac P is a true legend in this business, and a honoured member of this forum almost since the very beginning (september 2003). Also contributing with a posting account more than three times your own. Show a little respect, please...

I'm new here so not really wise on the subject but i am wise to the fact that how much somebody posts on a forum is no sign of their intelligence!

On other forums i've been a member of for years some of the biggest idiots/trolls have post counts of 20,000+... spouting rubbish on a daily basis!

"Quality not Quantity"

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ken - great photo, great cars - and even greater scenery!

SplitRim - this goes over my head.....

Rhosneigr Gaz - Thanks a lot for your mental support. Much appriciated.

Eddie - for approx. 6 month I have tried to get in contact with Dave Jones. So far without any luck. Maybe he just don´t like Danes?

To your all - I am not specially after more 250F shells, since I have from AA Bodies, Penelope Pitlane, Pattos, Betta & Classic and now from Mac Pinches. And, of course, RTRs from Scalex and Cartrix.

But as you are all aware of, the 250F changed a lot over the years, so I am just searching for two more shells in the Mac P version. But thanks to your all, all your suggestions are much appriciated.

/Holger

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
Hi Circuittaps, yes the kit you have is indeed a PRE-ADD , the
car was from the third series of kits, it was one of the more
popular kits so there should be one or two still knocking about
in some dark corner of someone,s workshop.
There where 25 kits produced in total, the rarest of which would
be the last offering, the ERA.
There where only 25 of these made but weather you can get hold
of one is a long shot.
I was rather fortunate when the kits where first offered for sale
as at that time there where very few kits of pre 60,s GP cars on
sale and it took so much of my time other things got sidelined,
it was for this reason i finaly decided to stop production.
It was at this point that i started to look at the whole ethos of
model cars, having been embroiled in the hobby since the 1950,s
i found i was just going through the motions and the interest began
to wain and so it followed that i hung up my controler and as Ted said
took up boat building !!!
Enjoy your kit , i hope it turns out ok
Kind regards
Mac P

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mac P - extreme glad to make your acquaintance. At least in Cyberspace. Sorry if I offended you earlier on in this topic. I was really not knowing...

Be sure I shall do my very best to honour your splendid resin body of the 250F. When it is done I hope I have - or my daughters have - figured out how to place photos on this media. Then I will show the result.

A pity a man of your skills is not longer available for the slot car world.

/Holger

1 - 19 of 19 Posts