SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen Jon Graingers made up model of the car, I just knew I had to get one. For the first time in a long time it made my fingers itch to make something again. I bought a few of his cars while I was ordering, so will be making a few in coming months.

The model is sublime - it is truly the best casting job I have ever seen. the detail of the small parts and how well they are cast, and the thought behind the construction is superb.

My modelmaking is nowhere near as good as many on this forum but I thought i would share some pic's....

Think I am now a Maserati convert

·
Marc Abbott
1,915 Posts
It's true - George makes fantastic kits and is a nice man too!

In issue 3 of SlotCarMAG he's donated some kits as prizes, to go along with the article about him.

Mooster bought one and we were surprised (although we shouldn't have been) how easy they are to make AND they can be made to drive well too.

Hats off to George - he really does have a great range of stuff - just a shame that they are limited runs.

ABBO

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Almost wish I hadn't seen this. From other build threads of GT Models I'd been and the website I'd been well and truly tempted to buy a kit (or 7). Now it's getting beyond tempted by and well into the must have.

The Maser is beautiful, and the detail is something else!!

Congratulations
Embs

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great work Anthony - very well done. What wheels did you use? Can I see some paint or wash behind the spokes to give them some depth as well? Really nicely done.

It just makes me embarrassed about my own glacial pace at getting my GTS together! The message about the quality of George's models is certainly getting out there now and I also find him a very nice guy to speak to and deal with as well. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Roger

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys!!!

The questions:

yes it is the Le Mans 55 version.

the wheels are the penelope pitlane.

yes they do have a 'wash' - I use Tamiya 'smoke' coloured paint to wash into the wheels - gives them a clean 'dirty' look....

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
George's kits are the best on the market,IMHO-and I have built kits from most resin producers. They are very realistically priced too,unlike some.You can see why he has worked for some major names-the kits seem to be really well thought-out and all the parts fit! I have been really delighted with the ones I have built up to now and I plan to build many more...I just wish I could persuade him to make a Ferrari 312B F1! I also echo the opinion that George is a nice guy.
TED.....

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On George's model on his site, he situates the straps on the bonnet - I thought about it and decided to glue them to the body, to help hold the bonnet on. In hindsight, I would do it the same as George if I build another one, as it is fiddly getting the bonnet back on - have to use a toothpick to hold up the last 2 straps when closing.

Now to actually answer the question
- there are very small clips that hold the bonnet on - but with some use, they will 'wear' themselves away - hence my decision above...

·
Peter Seager-Thomas
1,219 Posts
Anthony, congratulations on a job well done. I also think the pictures are pretty good and show the model well.

As with yourself, I have this car, though as yet unbuilt as the wheels for this car are one of my winter projects.

I would concur will all opinions of these models, they are high quality at an affordable price. Pre-paint preparation is minimal (5 minutes to remove flash at most, light scour with a bit of detergent, rinse and dry).

Oh yes, they fit together too.

Ember, go for it!

Peter.

·
Kitbasher
4,376 Posts
I rteceived my ERA kit from George today, it is beautiful!
I can't wait for Peter's equally beautiful wheels to complete the job...

Tif

1 - 20 of 40 Posts