SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

one of my favourite street cars it´s a Maserati. A four-seat coupe which was designed by Michelotti .
Coachwork was done by -Vignale- / Torino / Italy.
The car was presented first in 1962, some modifications of it´s body design followed in 1965 when serie 2 was launched.

Among a wide range of slotcars you can buy or you can assemble when you purchase a kit
this Maserati I could not get. Therefore I decided to develop this coupé my own.
I started this -project- one year ago: beginning to develop the body design by balsa material
coming up by a resine mould to continue work up to it´s final result.
Some pictures will show you the beginning and the result.
A very detailed report - if you like - you can see here:
(even explanations are in german language most pictures added gave you impressions of work-steps on the way
to it´s realisation.....)

Here is the starting point :
some sketches first:

Balsa material for work to develop a preliminary design :

Work goes on :

Now the result :
the modell before final assembling:

Thanks for showing !

vbr, claus

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Superb! The shape and stance are perfect. What a lovely model.

The original has always been one of my favourites too. In about 1982 I saw one for sale parked on the street in the student quarter of Exeter. The price on the windscreen was the sort of price that bought you a five year old family saloon, so was very affordable for a lot of people. I had two toddlers though and a big mortgage, so had to walk away. I have never seen one since.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello all,

one of my favourite street cars it´s a Maserati. A four-seat coupe which was designed by Michelotti .
Coachwork was done by -Vignale- / Torino / Italy.
The car was presented first in 1962, some modifications of it´s body design followed in 1965 when serie 2 was launched.

Among a wide range of slotcars you can buy or you can assemble when you purchase a kit
this Maserati I could not get. Therefore I decided to develop this coupé my own.
I started this -project- one year ago: beginning to develop the body design by balsa material
coming up by a resine mould to continue work up to it´s final result.
Some pictures will show you the beginning and the result.
A very detailed report - if you like - you can see here:
(even explanations are in german language most pictures added gave you impressions of work-steps on the way
to it´s realisation.....)

Here is the starting point :
some sketches first:

Balsa material for work to develop a preliminary design :

Work goes on :

Now the result :
the modell before final assembling:

Thanks for showing !

vbr, claus
It certainly is a beautiful looking car. This and the I think its called the quatroport were reputed to be the best looking cars in the world
at one time. Can't do what you are doing so will have to satisfy myself with a similar looking car the Scalextric Jaguar XJS.
Not quite as exotic perhaps but also has a race winning record.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Wonderful, Claus - AGAIN!

As ever, a comment or two. First, I thought that there was an old kit of this car but it turned out that they were 1/24 (Aurora) and 1/25 (Monogram) and neither was the Sebring model.

Second, I looked through your detailed report but this word "fundus" does not translate to English - what does it mean? Is it something like plan or blueprint?

Third, I couldn't work out where your front grille came from - how did you do this?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello all,

first of all thanks a lot for your comments !

@ gripping pneus: I never have seen this Maserati..😢 ....neither as participant at automobil exhibitions nor
at road traffic. I could find some videos (and pictures) only.........

@ peregrine: some more road cars of mid sixties : Ferrari 250, 330 GT 2/2 , BMW 2800 CS, Glas V8 coupe

@ Coides: The word -fundus- means fund or pool. I have some containments for different materials you need
for scratchbuilt-modelwork. Surplus materials were collected: per example: the grill of the Maserati is taken from such a -spare-part compartment-. I had to adept it. (outline)

vbr, claus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts