SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Here are the pics I owed:

A brief comparative of the 3dp Maserati 450S by Nimrod, the Jaguar EType by Revell and also a 3dp Karman by Mike Pérez…
Blue Product Motor vehicle Gas Electric blue

A pic of the chasis that I will fit to both Jaguar and Maserati, this is the same chasis that is fitted in the Karman just with some minor cuts in the sides to make it less wide(of course it could be done in the design program if wasn’t lazy)…
Vehicle Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car

And finally a side view of the standard 15.8x8.5 Slot it Wheels with Nsr Classic stock tires that measure just enough to make the Maserati look good…

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Font

I will use the Centerline inserts as they look good in 3dp PLA , while I get the resin printer assembled, will upload pics as soon as I can.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Not much wrong with your Mazzer, Daniel. Well done. Will you print a driver to place in the cockpit?
Thank you Laurence, appreciate your opinion, I was afraid the wheels would look too modern but I guess they are ok, as many sports cars of the era were fitted with solid wheels and I like the idea of a sort of Goodwood Revival model. Yes I will print a pilot and make the windshield, I’ll upload the pics as soon as it’s done😀

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
An excellent approach to slot building, Daniel, that I greatly applaud. Down many years I've been 'involved' in the restoration of a few 1:1 racing cars that many deem to be historically important, and even interesting.

The pundits, experts, connoisseurs, critics and those generally 'in the know' who wouldn't give a Castlemaine 4XXXX for anything else, scribble praise, photograph the 'sympathetic', eulogise about 'patina' (never met a girl called Patina), and are even able to write such liver-warming sentiment as: "Almost as well mannered as my 1.3-litre Ford Fiesta; if only they hadn't forgotten to install a stereo system..."

They all failed to notice bits and pieces late of sundry Fordson Major tractors. And I'm so glad because anyone with the most basic smattering of philology would be impressed by the number of words I know beginning with 'eff'.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Te ha quedado bien y con el parabrisas y el piloto, se verá aun mejor.
Pero en mi opinión la carrocería queda un poco alta, supongo que es un problema del tamaño del motor o los ajustes del chasis.

It has looked good on you and with the windshield and the pilot, it will look even better.
But in my opinion the bodywork is a bit high, I suppose it is a problem of the size of the engine or the settings of the chassis.

Frederic

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Te ha quedado bien y con el parabrisas y el piloto, se verá aun mejor.
Pero en mi opinión la carrocería queda un poco alta, supongo que es un problema del tamaño del motor o los ajustes del chasis.

It has looked good on you and with the windshield and the pilot, it will look even better.
But in my opinion the bodywork is a bit high, I suppose it is a problem of the size of the engine or the settings of the chassis.

Frederic
Gracias Frederic, si todavía faltan ajustes en la altura debido a los postes de la carrocería , aunque también puede ser el ángulo de la foto, ya que esté listo subiré otras fotos tratando de cuidar la mejor perspectiva.

Thank you Frederic , yes still to adjust the height due to the body posts, although also could be the angle of the picture, once it’s ready I’ll upload another pics taking care of the perspective.

Daniel

·
Phil Clayton
900 Posts
Just in case there's any doubt, but to my eye Daniel has successfully captured the look of 450S chassis #4508 which was raced in the dark blue and white colours he's painted the car in by Temple Buell in sportscar races in the US in the late 50's (including the 1958 Cuba GP). I think the chassis was then acquired by Carroll Shelby and run for Jim Hall in a white colour scheme as #66.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok, so almost finished, I’m just waiting for the Hypo Gs glue to arrive to install the windshield, although as the pilot has a full helmet, he could be racing right now!😀
Hood Automotive tire Toy Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive design Motor vehicle
Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Automotive design
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Toy
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

As you can see height of the wheels to the arches seems aceptable, and the cabin has a nice lever and hand brake(hope this is correct).

So details pending are:

1)Windshield
2) Front lights( I still don’t have the vacuform machine so I don’t know what to do here), maybe I could put some big 5mm leds to simulate the crystal lamps…
3) Driving wheel (Frederic ayudaaaaa!) , I don’t have one and I’m figuring out how to do one.

Besides these points I think it’s ready to race And beat some Ninco Classics😎

Cheers

Ps. Thank you very much Nimrod, for this fabulous file that made possible to build this awesome car! Kudos mate!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Have a visit to your local ladies nail parlour and see what small clean plastic nails they have 😉
Oh! Good one for the crystal lights 👍🏼
Thanks Beardy🙂

·
Registered
736 Posts
The clear nails are functional, I have used them in the past. You can also put a piece of clear tape over the area, trace the outline, transfer to clear plastic and cut them out that way.
Nice work, though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Para este tamaño de volante utilizo los difusores de las botellas de agua que describí en este tema (AQUI).
Para ese tipo de cubierta del faro (cristal) utilizaría un cilindro de plástico del diámetro adecuado y corta una sección. El problema es encontrar bolígrafos, rotuladores, etc. que sean tan pequeños y transparentes. Como dice chappyman66, puedes dar esa forma cilíndrica con un trozo de acetato enrollado alrededor de una broca.

For this size of flywheel I use the water bottle diffusers that I described in this topic (HERE).

For that type of headlight cover (glass) I would use a plastic cylinder of the appropriate diameter and cut a section. The problem is finding pens, markers, etc. that are so small and transparent. As chappyman66 says, you can give that cylindrical shape with a piece of acetate wrapped around a drill bit.

Frederic

EDITO: Acabo de mirar los faros de un Ferrari GT330 y son de 7 milímetros, aunque los de tu coche parecen más pequeños. En unos pocos segundos he dado forma cilíndrica de unos 5 mm. a un trozo de acetato.

EDIT: I just looked at the headlights of a Ferrari GT330 and they are 7 millimeters, although the ones on your car seem smaller. In a few seconds I have given a cylindrical shape of about 5 mm. to a piece of acetate.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ahora con un poco de tiempo me explicaré mejor.

La pantalla de los faros: Es un trozo de blíster, de la envoltura plástica de muchos artículos (creo que es acetato). Poco a poco lo he envuelto alrededor de una broca de 8 milímetros, luego una de 6 y una de 5 mm y con los dedos pulgar e índice voy haciendo un movimiento de vaivén.
Se ha de tener en cuenta que hay diferentes tipos de plásticos. Algunos y al curvarlos a estas medidas tan pequeñas, quedan velados, pierden transparencia y eso no nos ha de desanimar. Otros plásticos no hay manera de que mantengan la forma curva y siempre vuelven a la forma plana. Pero hay otros, como el de la imagen, que quedan perfectamente transparentes y mantienen la forma sin necesidad de aplicar calor.
Siempre que guardo la envoltura de un artículo, hago esta prueba: transparencia y facilidad de modificar la forma.
El de la imagen tiene una curva de 5 milímetros.

Volantes: Como en el tema del enlace, a este tamaño utilizo difusores de las botellas de agua. Parecen iguales, pero no lo son. Son décimas de diferencia, pero sobre el coche se nota.
Algunos no tienen esa prolongación muy útil para encolar la funda aislante. Lo soluciono haciendo tres o cuatro cortes (según el número de radios del difusor) en la punta de esta funda y abriéndolos al modo de una margarita (flor) y encolo.
Podemos cortar y utilizar solo los radios del difusor y realizar el volante con hilo de cobre.
En la imagen aparece un volante de tres radios de un clásico y otro de un fórmula 1.

Espero haber ayudado y si tenéis alguna duda, preguntar.
Luego editaré el tema de los volantes añadiendo este trozo de texto y la imagen y así queda todo en su sitio.

Font Rectangle Circle Ruler Electric blue

Now with a little time I will explain myself better.

The headlight screen: It is a piece of blister, from the plastic wrap of many items (I think it is acetate). Little by little I have wrapped it around an 8 mm drill bit, then a 6 and a 5 mm bit and with my thumb and index finger I go back and forth.
It must be taken into account that there are different types of plastics. Some and by bending them to these very small measures, they are veiled, they lose transparency and that should not discourage us. Other plastics there is no way that they keep the curved shape and they always return to the flat shape. But there are others, like the one in the image, that are perfectly transparent and maintain their shape without the need to apply heat.
Whenever I save the wrapping of an article, I do this test: transparency and ease of modifying the shape.
The one in the image has a curve of 5 millimeters.

Steering wheel: As in the link topic, at this size I use water bottle diffusers. They look the same, but they are not. They are tenths of difference, but on the car it shows.
Some do not have that very useful extension to glue the insulating sleeve. I solve it by making three or four cuts (depending on the number of radii of the diffuser) in the tip of this cover and opening them like a daisy (flower) and stick it.
We can cut and use only the spokes of the diffuser and make the flywheel with copper wire.
The image shows a three-spoke steering wheel from a classic and another from a Formula 1.

I hope I have helped and if you have any questions, ask.
Then I will edit the theme of the flyers by adding this piece of text and the image and so everything is in place.

Salut
Frederic

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Ahora con un poco de tiempo me explicaré mejor.

La pantalla de los faros: Es un trozo de blíster, de la envoltura plástica de muchos artículos (creo que es acetato). Poco a poco lo he envuelto alrededor de una broca de 8 milímetros, luego una de 6 y una de 5 mm y con los dedos pulgar e índice voy haciendo un movimiento de vaivén.
Se ha de tener en cuenta que hay diferentes tipos de plásticos. Algunos y al curvarlos a estas medidas tan pequeñas, quedan velados, pierden transparencia y eso no nos ha de desanimar. Otros plásticos no hay manera de que mantengan la forma curva y siempre vuelven a la forma plana. Pero hay otros, como el de la imagen, que quedan perfectamente transparentes y mantienen la forma sin necesidad de aplicar calor.
Siempre que guardo la envoltura de un artículo, hago esta prueba: transparencia y facilidad de modificar la forma.
El de la imagen tiene una curva de 5 milímetros.

Volantes: Como en el tema del enlace, a este tamaño utilizo difusores de las botellas de agua. Parecen iguales, pero no lo son. Son décimas de diferencia, pero sobre el coche se nota.
Algunos no tienen esa prolongación muy útil para encolar la funda aislante. Lo soluciono haciendo tres o cuatro cortes (según el número de radios del difusor) en la punta de esta funda y abriéndolos al modo de una margarita (flor) y encolo.
Podemos cortar y utilizar solo los radios del difusor y realizar el volante con hilo de cobre.
En la imagen aparece un volante de tres radios de un clásico y otro de un fórmula 1.

Espero haber ayudado y si tenéis alguna duda, preguntar.
Luego editaré el tema de los volantes añadiendo este trozo de texto y la imagen y así queda todo en su sitio.

View attachment 285869

Now with a little time I will explain myself better.

The headlight screen: It is a piece of blister, from the plastic wrap of many items (I think it is acetate). Little by little I have wrapped it around an 8 mm drill bit, then a 6 and a 5 mm bit and with my thumb and index finger I go back and forth.
It must be taken into account that there are different types of plastics. Some and by bending them to these very small measures, they are veiled, they lose transparency and that should not discourage us. Other plastics there is no way that they keep the curved shape and they always return to the flat shape. But there are others, like the one in the image, that are perfectly transparent and maintain their shape without the need to apply heat.
Whenever I save the wrapping of an article, I do this test: transparency and ease of modifying the shape.
The one in the image has a curve of 5 millimeters.

Steering wheel: As in the link topic, at this size I use water bottle diffusers. They look the same, but they are not. They are tenths of difference, but on the car it shows.
Some do not have that very useful extension to glue the insulating sleeve. I solve it by making three or four cuts (depending on the number of radii of the diffuser) in the tip of this cover and opening them like a daisy (flower) and stick it.
We can cut and use only the spokes of the diffuser and make the flywheel with copper wire.
The image shows a three-spoke steering wheel from a classic and another from a Formula 1.

I hope I have helped and if you have any questions, ask.
Then I will edit the theme of the flyers by adding this piece of text and the image and so everything is in place.

Salut
Frederic
Muchas gracias Frederic, como siempre un tutorial muy bien explicado y con imágenes mucho mejor!👍🏼👌🏼
Much apreciated Frederic, as always a very well explained tutorial and with pictures the better!👍🏼👌🏼

Cheers

41 - 60 of 67 Posts