SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I am returning to this after, let's say, a short break!
innocent.gif

Got the windscreen in quite long ago. Not as pretty as I had wished, so no close-ups, please!
smile.png

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

However, before finishing the wooden red car I took a mould and cast a resin shell.

I wanted to have the first original alu-version with the mail-box rear screen as well, I find that version even more spectacular.

Here is a reminder:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

One of the iconic parking-lot-photos.

Tool Pliers Electrical wiring Cable Electronic device

Rebuilding the tail and some improvements here and there.

White Helmet Material property Bicycle part Composite material

The headlights of these cars I could not make up of acrylic-rod as I had hoped for, the shape is somewhat irregular. I carved some pieces of perspex and glued them in, then shaped the surface together with the body shape. For painting, I masked them with bare metal foil.

Bicycle part Composite material Electric blue Auto part Fashion accessory

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Only the windscreen to fit then... Fingers crossed!

Thanks for looking

Carver

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Woodslot, I also like to watch others building precesses!

For me, it is also a way to record what I do. Once a car is finished I tend to forget what I have done! Sometimes I return to my own threads to check something up...

@Gordon, seen from my point of view and knowing your carving skills, I think you'd be better of making your own Drogo.

Carver

·
Registered
536 Posts
As many times before I mess it up in the last phase. Glue on the fingers, glazing problems, stains, you name it!

I might return someday and rework it, but for now, I am done!

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Looks pretty OK on track...

Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

and at the parking lot.
smile.png

Thanks for looking

Carver

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
These are all interesting point of views, an everlasting discussion that will turn up now and then.

Personally, I am a "doer", I don't go too much into theories. I look at photos and the model, trying to get it look "right" within the given measures.

Just for fun, trying to catch the essence. Sometimes it turns out very well!

This particular car I think is one of them.

When I wrote something about reworking it I meant glazing, painting, that sort of things that make it look pretty when it is blown up.
smile.png

The basal shape of this model is as good as I ever can hope for...

Carver

·
Registered
536 Posts
I see that the Master himself, George Turner is about to release this Maser, that really is good news! It is a shame it has not been easily available. And it looks of course great!

I would buy one myself if I did not already have a pair...

Who knows, perhaps he sometimes pick up good ideas from this forum?
innocent.gif
smile.png

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.