SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
After reading BJ's post, I did a little testing.

Carrera track, 33'2". Track and tires all cleaned with a swiffer. PM controller, PM Loko power supply, set at @ 13.5 volts.

Fly Joest Porshe OEM, silicon tires 4.0/4.4 seconds
Scaley Caddy OEM, silicon tires 4.3/4.4
SCX Audi OEM, silicon tires 4.2/4.4
Fly Panoz OEM, silicon tires 4.1/4.4
Carrera BMW OEM, silicon tires 4.3/4.4
Scaley Lola OEM 3.9, 4.1
Scaley Merc CLK (OK, it's not an LMP) fly mag, silicon tires 4.1/4.3

As you can see very close racing. You can push the Lola, but it means you will probably wreck, and the lola will cruise, so throw that one out. Same for the BMW, you can hang, but you will probably wreck while the other cars cruise.

I listed the fastest time first, and then an easily sustainable lap time.(cars ran for 10 laps without a wreck)

As a side note, when we ran 5 minute heats the other night, we were averaging 48 laps or less, so with actual racing caution, more like 6 second laps, which makes everything competitive. The rule was, when you wreck, the other driver comes around to the start /finish line, but cannot cross it. You put your car back on at the point of the wreck, and then resume racing. So there is a penalty for de-slotting, but not so severe as to put you out of the race. The lola was tough, 'cause the driver never deslotted, but the competitor did, 'cause he had to push so hard to keep up.

As usual, Magnets hide a lot of warts, just get a stronger one if you can't keep up!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE As usual, Magnets hide a lot of warts, just get a stronger one if you can't keep up!

my god! I never noticed!
erm instead of piling in a sh17 load of mags why not simply try to tune the other car so it is competitive not using magnets..
(wheres the skill?)

Rob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.